ashes tour - Page 5

--

August 7th, 2005  
Locke

that was close
me and some mates were watching it, what a nail biting finish.
pity abt the bodyline bowling but other than that, what a way for the tail to wag!!!!
August 7th, 2005  
Shadowalker

Yea lee played really well, if warne hadnt walked onto his stumps you probably would of won. im glad you didnt tho will make the series a bit more interesting.
August 7th, 2005  
Locke

yeah what a stupid way to go out.
i liked warneys press conference:
Quote:
"I hate losing. I donlt like hating things, but i hate losing. I'll be trying to fight as much as I can and whatever happens, happens," said Warne. "If England wins I'll shake their hands and say 'I'll see you at Old Trafford
finally, some good attitiude from him!!
--
August 15th, 2005  
KC72

What a game!!!!!! shame we didn`t win but a brilliant test.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/4152350.stm

if the rest of the series are like this then were in for some great cricket!
August 15th, 2005  
Locke

my goodness what a series this is turning out to be!!!
who would have thought that we would actually bat out the entire day?? i know i didn't!!! what a knock by ponting, pity no one else made a substantial score, tho his partnerships with Clarke and Warne were vital. right up until you got clarke out, i thought we might actually win it. and then the hope went. and then with punter and warnie in and with 82 to get off 70smth we had a chance, pity we didn't have another wicket or two up our sleve to allow us to hit out a bit. its amazing how close we almost came, considering how much we had to get.
full credit to Flintoff, Harmison and Jones, what can you say, 3 amazing bowlers, i wish we had them!!!! and that catch by G. Jones, WOW!! thats a nice way to redeem yourself!!!! the Poms fielding was a bit sloppy overall, but hey, the Aussies batting is far worse than your fielding so meh, who cares!!! see you next match!!!
August 15th, 2005  
LeEnfield

When you have queues right around the ground to get in, then what they are dishing up is first rate entertainment
August 16th, 2005  
Locke

aparently they turned away at least another 20,000!! its a pity the ground wasn't the size of the MCG, then you would have fit them all in!!
that said, the noise those 21,000 were making was amazing, im glad im not an aussie batsman, the noise was deafening
August 30th, 2005  
KC72

WAAAAAAHEEEEEEEEEEY.
down to the wire, 1 test, winner takes all
September 2nd, 2005  
LIPS

The next one should be good
September 8th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Well who ever wins this one, it has been a great series and has done a lot of good for the game.