Army's going digital!! - Page 2

--

June 15th, 2004  
Redneck

I guess this is what I get for making fun of the new AF "Streetfighter" BDUs. I like the zippers and velcro though, those buttons were always such a bother to iron around.

Sweet mother of mercy, the Army hates us.
June 15th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
I guess this is what I get for making fun of the new AF "Streetfighter" BDUs. I like the zippers and velcro though, those buttons were always such a bother to iron around.

Sweet mother of mercy, the Army hates us.
Zipper and velcro are the two biggest problems. Zippers break, get stuck, make noise - buttons don't and are easy to sew back on .. velcro, makes noise, collects lint, and I love me badges will be falling off all of the time on patrols if they are allowed to wear them outside of garrison.

You don't have to worry about ironing anymore - the new NASCAR BDUs are wrinkle free!

(Happy he's in the Corps, now)
June 15th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
You don't have to worry about ironing anymore - the new NASCAR BDUs are wrinkle free!

(Happy he's in the Corps, now)

I'm just waiting on the velcro fasteners for our boots, can't be far now. Pretty soon it will be a full on stripper tear-away uniform. YEEHA! Get me a job on the side.

(I forgot to add this: "" to my previous post. )
--
June 15th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/uploads/la...2004-06-14.jpg

Warning: Large photo. "We shall be invisible - except for that bright red white and blue flag."

There are some good changes - but still, I must ask .. wtf were they thinking?
Who did design this uniform???

Nice "target" on the right arm
June 16th, 2004  
ruger322003

They are UGLY Suck looking
June 16th, 2004  
Adam_Ebola_Koudelka

yuk!!!! I really do not like these patterns! it is like MARPAT, .
But on the other hand-I am sure that they know why they do wear it
June 17th, 2004  
soilder79936

hopefully they dont have to change the uniform cause i like the bdus they blend in to my enviroment this get me so mad and tickked off they better not make the change
June 19th, 2004  
Razor

Here is a neat article one the topic.

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/...soldiertech.nl

Note how sad the guy in the pic looks.
June 23rd, 2004  
Sgt. Nick Fury

Am I the only one who feels this uniform is sort of a scary throwback to facist uniforms?

I'm not sure if ya salute a guy in this uniform or give a Sieg Heil?????
June 23rd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Actually that was my first impression of it too

Just hope the test brigade gives it a negative evaluation and they dump the whole udea