Army(US) boats

therise21

does the US army have any MOS that uses boats on a regular basis anymore? i know i have read about army seaman i think from the vietnam war, and was wondering if the army still uses these types of soldiers.

A running joke I've heard in my travels is that the Army has more boats than the Navy and CG. I don't know if it's true or not, or to which timeframe it refers, but amusing nonetheless.

Maytime said:
A running joke I've heard in my travels is that the Army has more boats than the Navy and CG. I don't know if it's true or not, or to which timeframe it refers, but amusing nonetheless.

In WWII, they actually did have more boats than the Navy. :CG:

actually today the Army still has more boats than the Navy. I have heard this as well and a pretty good explaination of why as well.

And most of those Army boat drivers are Army Warrant Officers. They have really wonderful assignment opportunites. {Some probably suck}.

The Chief 05

That could be true, the Navy has very few boats, now if you want to talk about ships, there is no comparison. In the Navy anything under x feet in length is a boat plus anything that does time under water (not including sunken vessels) like submarines.

The Army defines a boat as something totally different.

Back