Army SF?

K3vB0

I'm not sure what the eye sight requirements are for the army's SF, however i know that for the SEALS it is no worse than 20/70 in your worst eye so im guessing its the same. Therein lies the problem I'm 24 years old and I am 20/100 in both of my eyes. My eyes and my full sleeve tattoo are my biggest concerns. is it even possible for me to qualify?

As long as the tattoo doesn't identify you as an American (or any notion therein), you should be fine. I can't comment on the eye sight requirements though, if any apply at all.

Take it one by one.
I know the SF videos etc. can look really cool but remember that the amount of work that goes into one of those "cool" scenes is really monumental. The part where the guys are bad ass on those Zodiac boats with the rifles at the ready infiltrating a sea side cliff... that's the EASIEST PART. They don't show all the drills, repeats, PT, memorizing, more drills, do-it-all-over-again, cliff climbing, packing, unpacking, packing, unpacking, packing, unpacking, wind chill while wet with sea water, wishing you ate more, wishing you ate less... I remember being on the back of one of those things struggling to stay awake. Yes the sea water is freezing cold, the air is rushing at you and your eyelids feel heavy. And I wasn't even SF or Recon.

I know i wanna do it there is no doubt in my mind or heart. im just worried about my eyes. If i enlist and cant hack it then thats fine thats my fault and i know thats a possible outcome going in i just dont want to enlist and then i dont even get to try becuase of my eye sight.

Why don't you ask about what kinds of laser corrective surgery is allowed and what the process is.
Different services and different countries have various policies regarding this. Some will accept only corrections that are performed by their military doctors even if their civilian counterparts are far more skilled and experienced.

Back