Army or Marines? - Page 3

--

March 15th, 2004  
BunYap

I would recommend the USAF and become a combat forward air controler or a pararescueman (PJ) you get flight pay as a PJ
April 2nd, 2004  
cryhavoc

The larger the Branch the more jobs to choose from.
April 18th, 2004  
SemperFi!

Whoa there dude, never was dissing the Army. NEVER said that. Sorry if you had a bad reaction to it. Im just saying. Thats what the MArine Recruiter told me. Not that the Army was insignificant or weak because i know that they definetely arent. I dont know where you got all mad about it but if i said something that you didnt like then im sorry but thats what the Recruiter told me. I would never have anything bad to say about the Army. I mean if you look at it more closely, there is some truth to it. I know a lot of people who are going into the Army because of college, or wanting to be a certain something. What the recruiter told me is that when you lok at it, and you see the military commercials, the Army ones always offer you what?.........Money, money for college, bonus things ya know whatever. Or they say you can be something, a technician, a pilot, a Ranger, etc etc. You lok at Marines commercials and what do you see?.............Overcoming obstacles. They have never mentioned any bonuses, college funds etc etc. In fact the only talking in them are at the end, when the narrator says " Find your place among the Few..The proud...The Marines." And as a question: DTop: Where was the disrespect for the people who have gone through it? Im talking ( or trying to) to someone who wants to be in the military. I was just relaying what the recruiter told me about the Marines. Sorry if i was helping out...And im in no way saying the Marines ar harder than the Army because of course i havent been there. I go to Church every Sunday, i think that has a tremendous effect on my attitude and respect. Maybe if you knew me well you would know that im not "disrespectful". Im different than a lot of other 14 year olds. I know you have to work for what you want, i know to respect people (which i still dont know how i didnt) I was brought up well. I have my mother to thank and my Church.
--
April 18th, 2004  
SemperFi!

Quote:
If you're ultimate goal is to become a sniper, and that is the main reason you are joining, don't join at all.

If you want to serve your country, and eventually have hopes of becoming a sniper and feel you wouldn't want to serve more than four years without the designator, go Army. You'll have a better chance (if you're infantry) of getting a slot at Benning sniper school. You'll have to qualify, and then be selected. If you want more detailed training, you would have to be in SOF; Rangers, SF.

If you want to be a Marine, go into the Marine Corps. Right now, you have little or no chance of getting S/S in the Corps. That isn't to say in four years you won't have a chance, but you better be happy with being a Marine grunt.
thats what i was trying to say DTop. Just for better understanding.
April 18th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi!
but thats what the Recruiter told me.
That is not an excuse, he may have said it first, but YOU repeated it, and if you plan to have any sort of career in the military, you better learn to take responsibility for your own actions.

"Whoa, dude" is also disrespectful (I would love to be there if you decide to address a 1stSGT that way once you join), and your original post WAS disrespectful as well. As you are having some trouble seeing this, I will lay it out for you, you make a point of characterizing the Army as some sort of haphazard organization composed of unmotivated or undedicated personnel, which is extremely insulting to every Soldier.
April 19th, 2004  
SemperFi!

Excuse me sir, but i wasn't trying to be disrespectful, as i apologized already to DTop. And i do take responsiblity for my actions, but i didnt know what i did wrong. Now you have pointed that out to me. I never said the Army was haphazard or unmotivated, you point out to me where i stated that, and if i skimmed over something then i am truly sorry to everyone that i offended, and i also didnt know " Dude" was a bad term. And no, i wont address a 1stSGT like that, that would be common sense, and i have some of that .

IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, I AM SORRY. PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND I HOPE THAT THIS DOESNT MAKE YOU ALL HATE ME lol.

Oh and i might have been a little vague when i said:
Quote:
Whoa there dude, never was dissing the Army. NEVER said that. Sorry if you had a bad reaction to it. Im just saying. Thats what the MArine Recruiter told me. Not that the Army was insignificant or weak because i know that they definetely arent.
That made it sound as if the RECRUITER was bagging on the Army, he wasnt doin that at all.

Again i am deeply sorry for anyone that i might have offended, i would never mean to belittle the Army or the fine people who fight for them and our fine country. For me... DTop, Redneck. I am sorry if i offended you. Thank you.
April 19th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi!
i wont address a 1stSGT like that
DTop is a retired 1stSGT (a 1stSGT is called "Top").

But apology accepted.
April 19th, 2004  
SemperFi!

ROFL! I didnt know that. Shows how much i know about the GI Jargon lol. Im glad we settled this, because i dont lke it when people are mad at me, i want to straighten things out, and on further inspection, i saw that i was being a little harsh and irresponsible with the way i was talking. Again i apologize.
April 21st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
DTop is a retired 1stSGT (a 1stSGT is called "Top").
Trying to get the kid tons of smoke sessions there, Redneck?
April 21st, 2004  
Redneck

Are you the only one who's allowed to do it, Sir?