Army Cadets

Cdt Matteo

Although late, it is better late then never. 2008's Rememberance day Parade:
P1120001.jpg

P1120004.jpg

P1120007.jpg

P1120019.jpg

P1120023.jpg

(Me, the male, with a Piper from the Cameron's Highlanders of Ottawa)
P1120026.jpg

(The band, I'm beside the Band Capt.)
P1120027.jpg

(And just for kicks, I met the Chief of Defense Staff yesterday at the retirement of my band Capt., in which I played the bagpipes)
P3190071.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/SgtGero/P1120023.jpg

Last edited:
He looks like a soldier should. Almost...:wink: (Exited, but trying to remain calm. My girlfriend said he looks cute:p)

Of course it is, I plan to be an Armour Officer.

It's funny, when I got to know the CDS (Chief of Defense Staff), he is doing the same thing I'm doing. He was in Royal Canadian Dragoons cadets, he joined the Dragooners as an Officer (which I plan to do). I showed him my coin of excellence (I posted it in another thread), and he was surprised that a cadet has a more prestigious coin than he did. Good times, and very nice guy (I stood at attention when I saw him, and he immediately relaxed me, very down to earth leader).

Thanks NCO's girl, though, I'm taken.

Last edited:
LOL. Its funny when you stand to attention or salute smartly to some big-shot and they just wave you to relax.

It's weird, but it's so true, Colonels of Regiments, Chief of Defense Staff, you salute them and stand at attention and they just relax you. Shouldn't it be that high officer ranks should be very much saluted due to their rank?

They get saluted a hundred times a day, they get over it. The higher rank the easier the inspection as well.

I'm always laughing as I throw my salute to an officer who has had his hand stuck to his hat for the last 100 metres.

Nope, cause they have enough brass to do what they want with you... So why bother being formal when you don't have to.

Back