Arabs in the Israeli Army - Page 14

--

February 28th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
In the current Israeli/palestinian conflict i can see the reasoning for Israel to take on as much help as they can. when your enemies live on your doorstep you would have to take every precaution to ensure that they wont kick in the front door. I also do realise that the Israeli people do have aid from the U.S. and other nations, but having some nearby defense that also has a steak in their country can't hurt in the long run.
Yeah,... it must remind you a lot of the Nazis raising SS divisions in the Ukraine to help guard the death camps.

Short memories,... eh?
March 2nd, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Yeah,... it must remind you a lot of the Nazis raising SS divisions in the Ukraine to help guard the death camps.

Short memories,... eh?
The Arabs in Israel are Israeli citizens, you can't compare that with Nazis enlisting Ukrainians. It's more like Australians enlisting Aboriginals, which they did since 1901.
March 3rd, 2012  
Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Miller
A little known aspect of Israel's military: non-Jews, including Arabs, serve the Jewish state.

Interesting article.

http://www.jewishideasdaily.com/cont...ies-in-the-idf
fascinating - and conversely fascinating are those Jews who frequent Iran to denounce the State of Israel. I'm not taking sides, just reporting an equally amazing anomoly of loyalties.

see: http://www.nkusa.org/

--
March 3rd, 2012  
muscogeemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
The Arabs in Israel are Israeli citizens, you can't compare that with Nazis enlisting Ukrainians. It's more like Australians enlisting Aboriginals, which they did since 1901.
Or Americans enlisting Native Americans - which we have always done.