Anyone excited about War of the Worlds here?

Kilgore

I always liked the war of the worlds story. I just hope that Steven spielberg wont screw this up and make it another independence day. It probably would have been better if the film was set in the very late 1800's, like the book.

Well who else is interested in the film?

no
but batman is awesome!!!
and, i read in MX yesterday, they are making another one, with Bale, Freeman andCaine in it, but no Katie!! YAY!!!! lol

Guys,
there is an 1800s version out now.
Made by the English production company PENDRAGON.
Based entirely on the origional book. They have a website that has pics and trailers.
Very low budget.
Not sure if it is a cinema release or goin straight to DVD.

To be honest there are several things putting me off it.

1) Tom Cruise is a crap actor.
2) It will turn out to be your typical "Hollywood" moralistic crap (at least the trailer look that way).
3) It looks to be a bastardisation of the original which rarely works out.

I will probably just wait for the DvD.

MontyB said:
To be honest there are several things putting me off it.

1) Tom Cruise is a crap actor.
2) It will turn out to be your typical "Hollywood" moralistic crap (at least the trailer look that way).
3) It looks to be a bastardisation of the original which rarely works out.

I will probably just wait for the DvD.

The first Hollywood version of "War of the Worlds" was moralistic as well, though I don't think it would be that religiously overtoned in the new one.

i think war of the worlds will be great :rambo: i just hope it kicks ass better than some of Tom Cruise's past movies

Tom Cruise's performance in Top Gun was outstanding, but his acting style changed much since then.

his delivery of lines is :cen:
hes done to many action movies which really dont require any great acting skills.
i cant imagine him getting a "serious" role, hes just not good enough

Did you ever seen his behavior in the New York Premiere of War of the Worlds? How childish. :roll:

'oh no, i got a bit of water on me, i shall now melt like the wicked witch of the west. i have no sense of humour and am a boring self obsessed clod, yet i gush over a hot girl heaps younger than me because i can and everyone just writes it off as me being an eccentric actor, when in actual fact i need a personality and career transplant"

or smth like that, IMO

The Other Guy said:
Mission impossible was okay...

I agree he has done some "ok" movies but I think he is one of the most over rated actors around.

Tom Cruise's performance in Top Gun was outstanding, but his acting style changed much since then.

Oddly enough I prefered the "Hotshots" version of top gun.
:)

Locke said:
'oh no, i got a bit of water on me, i shall now melt like the wicked witch of the west. i have no sense of humour and am a boring self obsessed clod, yet i gush over a hot girl heaps younger than me because i can and everyone just writes it off as me being an eccentric actor, when in actual fact i need a personality and career transplant"

or smth like that, IMO

well, your famous and the KNOW there are alot of nut jobs out there and then all of a sudden, someone squirts SOMETHING on you....jebus amn, i'd freak out too.

they said it was for a comedy show....thing was, it wasn't even that funny

Snauhi said:
I am going to see it.

I think if you can forget any previous knowledge of the movie and look at it simply as a new sci-fi it could be worth watching however I think people that look at it as a remake may be horribly disappointed.

MontyB said:
Snauhi said:
I am going to see it.

I think if you can forget any previous knowledge of the movie and look at it simply as a new sci-fi it could be worth watching however I think people that look at it as a remake may be horribly disappointed.

its always like that :?

Back