anybody have a stg44 for sale - Page 14

--

July 14th, 2019  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dozens-ze...040830797.html who is he pointing the ar15 at. OH it wasn't loaded . remember the BANG STICK I reported on earlier .

I think that photo was taken during a demonstration in parliament so have it gone off 90% of the country would have applauded.

It was all part of some carefully scripted "guns are dangerous" BS the police have been pushing and it has been lapped up by the touchy-feely treehugger side of government what it overlooks is the fact that 51 New Zealanders are dead because the police failed to carry out any of the mandatory checks and gave an Australian lunatic a gun license.

The moral of the story is that you can not stop nutters getting guns but you can make it as hard for them as possible and ensure that those getting licenses are the right people to own firearms.

I would like to see our licensing laws tightened up and the process taken out of police hands as when you couple this incident with the subsequent theft of firearms from a police station it is clear they are just too incompetent to do anything well.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...found-in-audit

Heaven helps us if they arm these clowns.
August 5th, 2019  
henryb

well here we go again. we need to have a fast response and execute .dont wait years to carry out.
August 11th, 2019  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
well here we go again. we need to have a fast response and execute .dont wait years to carry out.
It will be interesting to see what if anything you guys do about these mass shootings.
I personally can't see a solution for you as I think it is just far too late to fix things.

As far as execution goes I agree and as NZ doesn't have a death penalty I think we should send him for trial in countries of the foreign nationals he killed who I am sure do have the death penalty.
--
August 23rd, 2019  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
It will be interesting to see what if anything you guys do about these mass shootings.
I personally can't see a solution for you as I think it is just far too late to fix things.

As far as execution goes I agree and as NZ doesn't have a death penalty I think we should send him for trial in countries of the foreign nationals he killed who I am sure do have the death penalty.
Monty, you are a bad boy. You can't questioning the 2nd Amendment. You can blame the computer games, the failure of the health care (I include the mental care), but you can't blame the access to fire arms.

The mass shooting in the US has one effect on me. I begin to look at new firearms. The Barrett Firearms have a "new" semi-automatic rife, the REC-10.

https://barrett.net/firearms/rec10
September 14th, 2019  
I3BrigPvSk

I have always liked the FG-42 but I have never seen one . I have seen the Stg 44 at a museum. Germans used an interesting caliber, is it used today for hunting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NstrbkCg_ks
4 Weeks Ago  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I have always liked the FG-42 but I have never seen one . I have seen the Stg 44 at a museum. Germans used an interesting caliber, is it used today for hunting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NstrbkCg_ks
Not sure what was interesting about the caliber it was simply a compromise between weight and power that allowed troops to carry more ammunition.
It was determined prior to the war using ww1 data that most infantry engagements took place at less than 300 yards so the standard 7.62x57 round was an overkill.
4 Weeks Ago  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Not sure what was interesting about the caliber it was simply a compromise between weight and power that allowed troops to carry more ammunition.
It was determined prior to the war using ww1 data that most infantry engagements took place at less than 300 yards so the standard 7.62x57 round was an overkill.
But they used 7,92x57 as a standard caliber and it seems to be a good caliber for hunting. The Stg 44 was chambered for a shorter 7,92 cartridge
4 Weeks Ago  
MontyB

Quote:
But they used 7,92x57 as a standard caliber and it seems to be a good caliber for hunting. The Stg 44 was chambered for a shorter 7,92 cartridge
Yeah that was my bad I got it wrong but the argument remains the same.
4 Weeks Ago  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Yeah that was my bad I got it wrong but the argument remains the same.
I should have called the caliber rare than calling it interesting. It seems to be a rare caliber today.

You know a lot about firearms, do you know anything about something called creedmore or something like that? It seems to be something the US military is looking at to replace the 5,56. The US military seems to test new calibers from time to time and yet the 5,56 remains in service. To change to something else is expensive and it will probably force NATO to change it 5,56 standard as well.
4 Weeks Ago  
MontyB

Quote:
I should have called the caliber rare than calling it interesting. It seems to be a rare caliber today.

You know a lot about firearms, do you know anything about something called creedmore or something like that? It seems to be something the US military is looking at to replace the 5,56. The US military seems to test new calibers from time to time and yet the 5,56 remains in service. To change to something else is expensive and it will probably force NATO to change it 5,56 standard as well.
I know the US is looking at a 6.5mm to replace the 5.56mm round.
As far as the cost of replacement ammunition goes I am not sure it will be that expensive as Remington made a 6.8mm cartridge for US special forces back in 2002-2003 so much of the work is already done.

Whether it will ever go ahead though is another issue but as I understand it the USMC are also interested and by all accounts it is called the 6.5mm Creedmoor.