Anybody else watching the World Juniors?

--

December 29th, 2004  
r031Button

Topic: Anybody else watching the World Juniors?

I know I am; still can't believe the pool we're in....Canada, Germany, Sweden, Slovakia, and Finland. I mean the Swedes are okay...but I don't think anything there is in our league. I actually felt sorry for the German goalies this game...9-0 is rough on the ego. And just watching Crosby, for 17 he's incredible...I mean that goal against Sweden.... top corner from in between his legs..just wow...
January 2nd, 2005  
Vitaly

Hell yeah. Go Russia!!!! Ovechkin is amazing.
January 2nd, 2005  
r031Button

Ovechkin??? Take a look at Carter! Ah well; I can safely say my favourite team this year is Belarus 8)
--
January 3rd, 2005  
Vitaly

I was hoping that Belarus would win so bad, not for their sake but for Russia to be the top-seed.
January 4th, 2005  
r031Button

Bah!...the American team isn't looking to strong this year; but Canada's is looking great; I haven't payed to much attention to the rest of the tournament; mostly because I'm arrogant enough to believe we'll steam roll any other team:P
January 6th, 2005  
Vitaly

Sadly, thou was right.... Canadians!!!!!!!! Just Kidding. It was a good game but a bad result...
January 6th, 2005  
r031Button

Oh I think the result was fantastic; but I gotta say; I hate watchin the Russians play. They dance the puck around great...but the stick play infront of the net is horrendous. I much prefer the agressive for checking and body hits of North American hockey. Did you see that hit in the second period? Phenuf levelled two Russians to set up a goal; it was a beutiful thing.
January 6th, 2005  
Vitaly

Yeah, I like the hard hitting of North American hockey and Dion Phenuf had one hell of a hit, but I still must root for Russia even though I pretty much knew they were going to lose that game. Russia doesn't produce goalies and only produces lazy forwards that can only score but don't try otherwise.
January 6th, 2005  
r031Button

yeah...the Russian forwards are fast and skilled; but they don't stand up to constant hitting; mostly because they have more experiance in European Leagues I suppose.
January 6th, 2005  
Vitaly

Yes, and the fact that the European Ice rinks are olympic sized and those are wider than NHL sized rinks. So with the extra room to maneuver Russian skaters are taught to skate and stickhandle to get through instead of body contact.