American Civil War Stuff

bonnieblue716

I just met a group that is trying to get started in my hometown, to reenact a civil war artillery battalion. We got a former marine that is the cpt, and a major that are really into it and coordinating the whole thing. Finding the calavary tack for the officers and the troopers, plus the uniforums and weapon replicas and stuff, but I was looking for advice on the horse aspect. I have a few horses I think would make good mounts but it's going to take a lot of work to get them steady to the guns and cannons. Any ideas from anyone? We're going to use morgans for our wheel horses for the cannons, and I've got a morarab and welsh that would match just great, but they're show horses, not used to anything not incountered at a typical show. I got to see the cpt fire one of the cannons the other day, the thing set off two car alarms, just from the concussion, an got lots of 'HOLY CRAP!''s from everyone watching. We are people and understand that sorta thing, how can I convince my horses not to freak at it? Any ideas?

Morgans are well known for being very good at tolerating gunfire. They should adapt well.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Morgans originated here in Vermont. I am well acquainted with them.

Back