Amensty

tetvet

Banned
Can Obama with a stroke of his pen grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants that are in this Country , not according to the Constitution which is very clear on this subject , however Jimbo Carter did just that with the draft dodgers that went to Canada during the Vietnam War is this a good comparison ? .:???:

Can Obama with a stroke of his pen grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants that are in this Country , not according to the Constitution which is very clear on this subject , however Jimbo Carter did just that with the draft dodgers that went to Canada during the Vietnam War is this a good comparison ? .:???:

Uh... Have you ever actually looked at the US Constitution? Article II, Section 2, Paragraph 2:

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

The President giving out pardons is well within his powers, as you can clearly see.

Here, have a read

It seems I asked if this was a good comparison then you showed up , now I have to ask the question again , you will not be needed to participate .

Uh... No. You made an uneducated remark about what the President can and cannot do, then asked if it was compatible. I corrected you. Why is it still a question? There's nothing to compare.

I made no guess the draft dodgers had yet to be drafted that's why they're called dodgers and came under no military control , Jimbo by the way committed political suiside with his move .

Let me break it down for you, since you have made yet another left field, mind boggling post that serves no point other than to up your own past count.

Can Obama with a stroke of his pen grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants that are in this Country

The simple answer is yes. The dirty answer is that it depends on if they are treated s criminals, or people who have simply not done things the legal way. There's a difference.

not according to the Constitution which is very clear on this subject
This is the horse manure part. As I've already posted, Article II, Section Two, Paragraph Two clearly says it's within the President's powers.

however Jimbo Carter did just that with the draft dodgers that went to Canada during the Vietnam War is this a good comparison ? .:???:
Different time periods, different situations. You're trying to compare the taste of apples to the colors of oranges. Hence my comment of there's nothing to compare.

I made no guess the draft dodgers had yet to be drafted that's why they're called dodgers and came under no military control
No shit, Sherlock. But the reason the President was able to give them amnesty was because they committed a political offense - which is what amnesty means.

Jimbo by the way committed political suiside with his move
Once again, different situations. It upset people that the government has pushed and pushed for soldiers, and then just handed out pardons for the people who evaded the draft.

Back