Am I allowed to get "Gear" even if I'm not in the

I have a question regarding the "gear" option in the MilForum PX. You see, none of the little icon things really apply to me because I'm not in the military. However, once I have my M.D., I can work with the VA (which I'm planning on doing), so I wanted to get the one that looks like a blue rectangle with a black cross on it (that's the medical one). Now I also know that this site prohibits pretending to be something that you're not (which I agree that it is absolutely wrong and disrespectful to real military personnel), so I was wondering if it would be against the rules for me to get that one (?). I also have members of my family that are in the Army/Marines, so am I able to get those symbols without getting in trouble too?

Perhaps to put it more simply, is there any "gear" that I am prohibited from getting because I'm not in the military?

Thanks!!

~*Brittany*~

The flags are not there just for people who are in that branch. People get them to show support as well. Since you have ties to the Army and Marines, there are no problems with you getting those flags. There might be a problem if you got the Chinese flag...unless you have been to China :D there also be no problem in you getting the medical flag since that is in your plans.

LOL! Okay Doody! That helped a lot. I have all these Milbucks that very kind members have been donating to me, but I was thinking to myself, "What do I do with them all?!". It's good to know that I can get anyones that I please, aside from China. :lol: Thanks! You sure are a helpful moderator, and I'm starting to forgive you for locking my thread! hahahah I'm just kidding; I don't mind having a thread locked. . . I suppose it's almost an initiation "rookie" mistake.

~*Brittany*~

Back