Is That All You've Got?

Missileer

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10616746/site/newsweek/

To all of you who think the terrible old Americans treat their prisoners badly, here's the expert himself.

Dec. 27, 2005 - Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein launched into yet another outburst at his trial today, calling the beatings and torture he claims he suffered at the hands of his American captors "the work of rank amateurs."

Having witnessed what he called "the Americans' half-baked, slipshod attempts at torture," the deposed Iraqi president said he feared for the future of state-sponsored cruelty in post-Saddam Iraq.
"Toppling my government, that was the easy part," Saddam told the court. "But as for maintaining the high standards of torture that the Iraqi people grew accustomed to under my regime? Clearly, there was no plan or strategy for doing that."
Saddam predicted that as soon as the Iraqi people learned how inept and ill-prepared the Americans were at torture, they would "drive the infidels from our land."

There's more if you have any interest at all. I think he must be going for an insanity defense.

He's not on trial for torture is he? I thought they're getting him for outright premeditated murder.

Missileer said:
Yes, for murder, but if stupidity is a criminal offense, he's dead man walking.:santa:

HE WAS "DEAD MAN" WALKING WHEN HE CRAWLED OUT OF HIS HOLE.

Nuttin's changed.

I think the iraqi people would of been a lot happier/ and felt a lot more secrure if he was just a "dead man in a hole"

Back