AL-ZARQAWI Killed in Airstrike!! - Page 3

--

June 8th, 2006  
FutureDevilDog

I'm curious as to how this will (if at all) affect our economy. My mom says it will, but of course I disagree with her. What are your guys' thoughts?
June 8th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Hmm...It might...The leading oil companies over there might be more encouraged to sell us oil now that we are showing that we are half way effective at what we are trying to do.
June 8th, 2006  
mmarsh

Noow that I have had time to reflect on it, I'm somewhat disappointed by Zarquiwi Death.

It was much too fast. He really deserved something slow and inventive. As I reflect the horrible way he murdered Nick Berg, a heinous act he commited personally, the USAF really did him a kindness. I wouldnt have been as merciful.
--
June 8th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Meh, we had to take him where we could get him...It wasn't as if we could have done anything with 7 of his aides and numerous foot soldiers around him...We just went ahead and wiped all of em out. I say a death is a death.
June 8th, 2006  
Missileer

I would have preferred live impalement but being splattered against the wall, ceiling, floor, neighborhood, will do.
June 8th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

ahh, peace in our time is hopefully getting closer
June 8th, 2006  
Easy-8

Good to hear he is dead. I am going down to hell this weekend to roast marsh mellows over his burning soul.
June 8th, 2006  
Maytime

Regarding the economic question, yes it did have an effect, and a positive one to boot (in the price of oil that is). I heard that the price of crude went below $70/barrel, so lower gas prices will start to trickle and we'll stop punching ourselves in the nuts at the pump.
June 9th, 2006  
moving0target

Too bad it didn't take seven minutes to blow him up. Mr. Berg, now you and all the rest of Zarqawi's victims may rest in peace.

CNN has a bit up showing the press conference. There's a picture of the (far too peaceful looking) piece of and footage of the bombing run that did him in.
June 9th, 2006  
WNxRogue

I think the threat of revenge because of Zarqawi's death is actually minimal. To tell you the truth, I think that iraqis and muslims in general hated him more then we did, he had a bad habit of killing them (especially shi'ites)