AHH I cannot stand this! - Page 4

--

October 31st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

It is against the law to impersonate someone in the military, not to wear the uniform on Holloween. Besides the problem is so widespread there would be no enforcing the law if there was a law of the kind of impudence.
October 31st, 2004  
cullion

Maybe it's against the law in your state, guys, but not mine. Almost everyone in the NJROTC was wearing a Marine BDU with EGA and all, including caps. But, we had leighway. Our Naval Instructor is an ex-Marine First Sargeant. And last week we had "Superhero" day and he said "I'm surprised no one dressed like me!" Well, this week to toss on to the joke, all of us wore BDU costumes and stuff. It was pretty funny.

I find it disrespectful when it is blatant disregard of what the uniform means. Being in ROTC almost makes it feasible. If you're in ROTC and have a "Mini-Boot Camp" ribbon, you have a pretty good reason to wear a BDU. You should ask them to recite a single Order of the Sentry or something like that. If they can't, they don't deserve it. Simple as that.

I also find it okay when little kids wear it. It's cute. If you're voer 14 and wearing it, UH-UH!
October 31st, 2004  
rotc boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_1989tobeyond
There wasnt any medal wearing I hope. I think that'd make my head come off.
Not that I have see, but I have seen ribbons so...

i saw a kid, bout 12 tonight at a halloween pary wearing an army uniform, with the medals and ribbons, i think it was his dads cuz it was huge on him, then he had a Marine Corp cover on, i was at my post with another kid and he was going over there but i reminded him of the general orders for all sentries, so he stayed.
--
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
It is against the law to impersonate someone in the military, not to wear the uniform on Holloween. Besides the problem is so widespread there would be no enforcing the law if there was a law of the kind of impudence.
The uniform is like the flag, it represents a nationand wearing it on holloween is like burning the flag
October 31st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

It is not like burning the flage, plus it is holloween so forgive the children
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
its very much just like that and if you cal 16+ children then...I dont know what to say
October 31st, 2004  
USAOwnz

Damn man, chill, it is holloween. Not like they are saying they actually are in the military.
October 31st, 2004  
USAOwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004
Quote:
its very much just like that and if you cal 16+ children then...I dont know what to say
Hm... in that case, I might get mad. However, what do they wear? Do they wear badges i.e. Ranger tab, Infantry award, Wings, unit badge?

Edit: Do not post back to back.
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

well if you read the wholr thread you would know, but yes all of it
October 31st, 2004  
SHERMAN

Firstly, 16 year old kids in uniforms on holloween are not being disrespectful, they are being immature. they are not doing it to show disrespect, they are doing it because they dont know better. Either way, lightn up man, its a holyday.