AHH I cannot stand this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriot_1989tobeyond said:
Bad civvies. Bad civvies. No,No, dont wear ribbons like JOhn KErry, it gets u in lot of trouble *begins to beat bad civvies with rolled newspaper* :twisted:

The kid had an old style AF uniform of a MSgt but with all six stripes going down

Tis holloween who cares, you take it personally.
I used to feel the same way, so don't worry let them do what they want.

Cant say I understand your problem...If they want to, let them dress up as soldiers. I dressed up as a soldier when I was little(Not on holloween, on the Jewish holyday of Purim), and never felt a problem with it. I say this as someone with great respect to the military.

It is against the law to impersonate someone in the military, not to wear the uniform on Holloween. Besides the problem is so widespread there would be no enforcing the law if there was a law of the kind of impudence.

Maybe it's against the law in your state, guys, but not mine. Almost everyone in the NJROTC was wearing a Marine BDU with EGA and all, including caps. But, we had leighway. Our Naval Instructor is an ex-Marine First Sargeant. And last week we had "Superhero" day and he said "I'm surprised no one dressed like me!" Well, this week to toss on to the joke, all of us wore BDU costumes and stuff. It was pretty funny.

I find it disrespectful when it is blatant disregard of what the uniform means. Being in ROTC almost makes it feasible. If you're in ROTC and have a "Mini-Boot Camp" ribbon, you have a pretty good reason to wear a BDU. You should ask them to recite a single Order of the Sentry or something like that. If they can't, they don't deserve it. Simple as that.

I also find it okay when little kids wear it. It's cute. If you're voer 14 and wearing it, UH-UH!

drilldownmaster2004 said:
Patriot_1989tobeyond said:
There wasnt any medal wearing I hope. I think that'd make my head come off. :shock: :evil:

Not that I have see, but I have seen ribbons so...

i saw a kid, bout 12 tonight at a halloween pary wearing an army uniform, with the medals and ribbons, i think it was his dads cuz it was huge on him, then he had a Marine Corp cover on, i was at my post with another kid and he was going over there but i reminded him of the general orders for all sentries, so he stayed.

Time said:
It is against the law to impersonate someone in the military, not to wear the uniform on Holloween. Besides the problem is so widespread there would be no enforcing the law if there was a law of the kind of impudence.

The uniform is like the flag, it represents a nationand wearing it on holloween is like burning the flag

drilldownmaster2004 said:
Time said:
It is not like burning the flage, plus it is holloween so forgive the children

its very much just like that and if you cal 16+ children then...I dont know what to say
Hm... in that case, I might get mad. However, what do they wear? Do they wear badges i.e. Ranger tab, Infantry award, Wings, unit badge?

Edit: Do not post back to back.

Firstly, 16 year old kids in uniforms on holloween are not being disrespectful, they are being immature. they are not doing it to show disrespect, they are doing it because they dont know better. Either way, lightn up man, its a holyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back