Age Limits?

--

April 7th, 2004  
cheeselets

Topic: Age Limits?

Hello to all,

Just curious but #1 what's the age limits for the army. . . #2 age limits for ranger and sf's?

also how hard is it to change your MOS?

thanks

JJ
April 8th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

To enlist in the US Army you have to be 17-34 years of age and have a high school diploma.
April 10th, 2004  
rlbush

I enlisted at 17 with parental permission.
--
April 10th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Same with my older brother.
April 10th, 2004  
cheeselets

Topic: what about the rest of the question?

What about the rangers and sf's age limits? Just Curious cause i couldn't find them online.

ALso, how difficult is it to change your MOS?

thanks

JJ
April 10th, 2004  
rlbush

Topic: Re: what about the rest of the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeselets
What about the rangers and sf's age limits? Just Curious cause i couldn't find them online.
See if this helps:
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/.../aa032803a.htm
http://www.specialoperations.com/Sch...S/default.html
April 10th, 2004  
cheeselets

Topic: age limits

I couldn't find anything on that just about the 17-21 PT test. I email someone at the SOC site. Hopefully that'll work. Thanks for your help

JJ
April 11th, 2004  
RnderSafe

For 18X the age limit is 29 .. a wavier is sometimes possible. If you're already active, the cutoff is 34.

There is no age limit for the 75th Rgr Regt. You must be eligible for an available MOS that has open slots (11X, etc). You must be able to go Airborne. You must complete the RIP course. Average age comming into Battalion is close to 19 but I've seen men in their late 30's go through the process.

As for changing your MOS, it is a pain in the ass if you are active. If you want to serve in Ranger batt, enlist 11X or 13F with a Ranger contract. If you want to be in SF, enlist 18X. If you want both .. do the former, then apply for SFAS once you've spent a few years in batt.
April 11th, 2004  
cheeselets

Topic: ?

what is 18x and 11x?