Age Limits?

cheeselets

Hello to all,

Just curious but #1 what's the age limits for the army. . . #2 age limits for ranger and sf's?

also how hard is it to change your MOS?

thanks

JJ

what about the rest of the question?

What about the rangers and sf's age limits? Just Curious cause i couldn't find them online.

ALso, how difficult is it to change your MOS?

thanks

JJ

age limits

I couldn't find anything on that just about the 17-21 PT test. I email someone at the SOC site. Hopefully that'll work. Thanks for your help

JJ

For 18X the age limit is 29 .. a wavier is sometimes possible. If you're already active, the cutoff is 34.

There is no age limit for the 75th Rgr Regt. You must be eligible for an available MOS that has open slots (11X, etc). You must be able to go Airborne. You must complete the RIP course. Average age comming into Battalion is close to 19 but I've seen men in their late 30's go through the process.

As for changing your MOS, it is a pain in the ass if you are active. If you want to serve in Ranger batt, enlist 11X or 13F with a Ranger contract. If you want to be in SF, enlist 18X. If you want both .. do the former, then apply for SFAS once you've spent a few years in batt.

What are the max age limits for serving? Is it a hard limit? I'm 36 and I think I blew my chance. Are there waivers for attorneys/doctors?

Any info would be appreciated

grail said:
What are the max age limits for serving? Is it a hard limit? I'm 36 and I think I blew my chance. Are there waivers for attorneys/doctors?

Any info would be appreciated

What are you asking about? Army? USMC? Coast Guard?
The Army age reqs are listed in this thread.

Waivers are possible, but you will need to speak to a recruiter to find out if you are eligible for one. Find out what he/she has to say before you feel you've blown your chance. I have seen a few late 30 year olds come in that were not prior service.

Back