Adware, Spyware and Scumware warning! - Page 7

--

May 2nd, 2006  
Italian Guy

I refuse to help as long as you keep using that British spelling "programme". Tolk two you lita.

P.S. Want iPod? Get it now!
May 3rd, 2006  
bulldogg

Coming from an Italian who went to work for a FRENCH company I would expect a little more understanding. Hehehehe. Live that one down.

My comp is still being assaulted and now Firefox has gone tits up on me too. Crashes as soon as the interface appears. I even used Swordfish's online sources and all the tools in his signature.
May 3rd, 2006  
Locke

bulldog
1- careful where you dl your pron from

2- try following the steps here

or register here, download Hijackthis, scan your computer and post a log HJT is a very useful program, but it best to let people who know tell you how to get rid of stuff
--
May 3rd, 2006  
bulldogg

Thanks Locke, I'll give it a shot.

It was bloody Limewire...
May 3rd, 2006  
Italian Guy

Yes Bulldog post a HJY log but don't modify anything with that program unless people-who-know tell you. And I'm not one of those people-
May 3rd, 2006  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

What is the Verson of Windows you are Using ?

What AV do you Have ? Have you Tried Housecall Online Scan in My Sig ?

Have you Updated The AD-Aware before Doing a Scan ?

Are the advertisement Coming in a Messenger service window ?

Is any of the Anti Spyware or AV picking The Bugger up ? and is not able to Remove it or none of them are able to Pick it up ?

Because if you are telling that you have done Every this ( which I Doubt ) then it might not be a Spyware at all it might be 1. Messenger service 2. Inbound NetBIOS (NetBIOS over TCP/IP) and UDP broadcast traffic.

Assuming you are on XP ...... In that Case Please Try Disabling Messenger Service

1.Click Start and then click Control Panel.

2.Click Performance and Maintenance.

3.Click Administrative Tools.

Double-click Services in Administrative Tools.

^
4.Double-click Services as shown in

5.Double-click Messenger.

6.In the Startup type list, choose Disabled

7.Click Stop, and then click OK.

REF

Peace
-=SF_13=-
May 3rd, 2006  
bulldogg

Apparently, according to Swordfish himself who is helping me online, I have the Mother of All Spyware programmes attached to me like a friggin remora... we'll let ya know when we whip this thing, he just told me the thing is starting to make him "mad".

UPDATE: Three hours and countless scans and logs"You have the latest and smartest spyware which there is no fix for yet."
May 3rd, 2006  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

And Wife Comes in Between ..

Ok BullDog ..... I have a Strange Feeling We got Rid of that ..... Just a Few Things to be taken Care ....... See ya on Friday .......... Stay safe Until then .

If we Did manage to remove it you can narrate the Whole Drama How it Unfoalded

Peace
-=SF_13=-
May 4th, 2006  
bulldogg

Roger that, I think there are a few loose ends still but I am no longer being hijacked off to visit sites promoting the latest and greatest timeshare deals on the west Jersey shoreline.

BTW y'all SF13 is a computer god.
May 4th, 2006  
Locke

allright!!!
well done guys
can we have the story of what happened?