About the physical requirements...

Try half reps on the bench press, 2 sets of those are good for building muscle mass. Aerobics, running, swimming (I average a mile in about 25-30 min steady pace), do all that. You may lose a little weight, but hey, it's not all about sheer mass.

I know that this isnt a reply, but it ties in with the topic. I'm tring to get into shape so that I can keep up with everyone when I go to basic training. I meet the basic requirements, but I have very poor upper body strength. In the past I wasn't really expected to do anything like pullups because of my being female (sexist I know, but true) and now I'm not sure how to fix that. I dont do weight training or anything like that because I dont have access to the equiptment, and I'm trying to figure out what I can do before school in the morning along with running in order to 'fix my problem'. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Using your own body weight to train is not a bad idea. Notice the workout regimen I posted did not exclude doing pushups and pullups. Granted it is easier with weights, but when you do not have access to them then you make do with what you can.

Back