AABA - Whites Only Basketball League?

DTop

I heard this on the news this AM and had to look it up to be sure I heard right. What are your thoughts on this one?

New 'Whites only' basketball league forming, to get away from the 'street-ball' played by 'people of color'

A new professional basketball league called the All-American Basketball Alliance (AABA) sent out a press release on Sunday saying that it intends to start its inaugural season in June, with teams in 12 U.S. cities. However, the AABA is different from other sports leagues because only players who are “natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league.” AABA commissioner Don “Moose” Lewis insists that he’s not racist, but he just wants to get away from the “street-ball” played by “people of color” and back to “fundamental basketball.” Lewis cited the recent incidents of bad behavior by NBA players, implying that such actions would never happen with white players:
LINK

Hey "Moose" that sounds racist to me!

I heard this on the news this AM and had to look it up to be sure I heard right. What are your thoughts on this one?

LINK

Hey "Moose" that sounds racist to me!

I thought Brown vs Board of Education put an end to this crap.

But I love when rednecks say "No I am not really a racist, I just dont want any black people here!". HINT: If you demonize people merely on the color of their skin: you ARE a racist. But I have a question. I played "Street-Ball" in Riverside Park in NYC, but hey I am white. Am I in or am I out? Incidentally the guys I played with were mostly Black, and not one of them ever pulled a gun on me or some other type of nonsense, and this was NYC during the late 80s, not exactly the best of times in the big apple.

As for the suggestion that White Athletes not getting into trouble, and are "well-behaved". Appearently he's never watched a NCAA Womans Soccer Game. NM vs BYU Ring the Bell. DING. DING.

http://ballhype.com/video/byu-and-new-mexico-womens-soccer-fight/

Not that this idiot seems to know much about basketball either. It was black players in the 1970s like Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abu Jabbar, Bernard King, just to name a few who Revolutionized Basketball. I have seen footage of when Basketball was "whites-only" sport. It looked pretty boring, there was no energy or passion to it at all. Good luck with AABA, now whose going to play in it, let alone watch it?

And of course there is the rather obvious constutition question, something about discriminating based on race being illegal...

Last edited:
Will ppl ever learn? I thought that had finished with the defeat of the Nazis... I find that simply disgusting AND stupid, read your bible again, maybe? Anybody thinks that thingy will fly (just curious)?

As for the soccer vid, bad referee, shoulc have handed out some reads before and it would not have come to that, the rules surely would have backed him up..

Rattler

Well, if it manages to get past the Constitution it won't get past fans. There's a reason they made a movie called White Men Can't Jump.

What's wrong isn't the players in the NBA being idiots, it's the NBA allowing them to be idiots. You'll notice a big dropoff in the violence if yearlong bans without pay start appearing.

But the NBA will never do that, because they'd lose their crowds. *sings* Money makes the world go round.
You'd think the crowds would have gone away when the NHL cracked down on all the violence in the late 70s-early 80s, but the league actually experienced an upturn that lasted 15-20 years.

It's two different sports. People attend hockey games partly for the fights, which the league still allows to an extent. We're talking about serious misconduct OFF the court with these thugs in the NBA. If Allen Iverson doesn't play, people aren't going to watch the 76ers play. If Kobe Bryant doesn't play, people aren't going to watch the Lakers. We'll see what happens with Gilbert Arenas, but he wasn't really a huge name to begin with. A year-long suspension is a long time....

An all-white basketball league isn't racist. Forming one because you think white players are somehow better is racist, just like this statement
The Other Guy said:
Well, if it manages to get past the Constitution it won't get past fans. There's a reason they made a movie called White Men Can't Jump.
:mrgreen:

How is an all-white basketball league NOT racist? Definition of racism is hatred or intolerance of other races. REGARDLESS of reason. Excluding a race from a game is DEFINITELY intolerance.

I certainly don't like the idea either, it seems to me if you only want to play with those of your own race you must be afraid of competition. On the other hand, since there are already leagues that are totally integrated I don't see why this one league matters. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't take offense if there were a league that only allowed another race, I'd only consider one that doesn't discriminate in the first place (the more competition the better, that's the whole point). I really would not even want to talk with people who don't want me in their league on the basis of race anyways, let alone play the game with them.

The part I really don't like is that he considers non-white players incapable of playing "fundamental basketball," and thinks they behave worse than white players. I believe you have the right to only play with people of your own race if that is what you wish, but I also think that Don Lewis is a POS and this league should be shut down because this particular one is really obviously racist.

Didn't have time to write a full response on my last post.

Last edited:
All white is b******t but I think there should be height leagues. NBA is boring at the moment because they're all freaks of nature.

Who really cares? They have the United Negro College Fund, the NAACP, and Miss Black America. Why can't the whites have a basketball league all their own? Oh that's right. Because its okay for everyone ELSE to have no-whites-allowed organizations, but if the white people do it, we're racist. Its ridiculous. Until they do away with these things, equality among the races will never be achieved. One race or the other will always feel that they're getting the short end of the stick.

My god you Yanks are hot on the racism card aren't you?
Christ, if it was an all Women's league would you be crying sexist?
Maybe it is just attitudes in different countries, but I think here no one would really care too much, just crack another can and get on with it!
NOTE: Just a typical Aussie voice here, don't take it too much too heart!

My god you Yanks are hot on the racism card aren't you?
Christ, if it was an all Women's league would you be crying sexist?
Maybe it is just attitudes in different countries, but I think here no one would really care too much, just crack another can and get on with it!
NOTE: Just a typical Aussie voice here, don't take it too much too heart!

Not really the same. We have a Womans Basketball league its called the WNBA.
http://www.wnba.com/.

The reason men and women are seperated is because men would have a unfair physicaly advantage being that we are generally taller and more muscular. I believe there are a few rule changes as well.

But there is no such distinction between males of different colors. A black males is equivilant to a white. Ther

Sevens

Many Black Organizations are funded by Whites like the United Negro College Fund. The NAACP was even founded by white people. And there are organizations specifically for whites, for example NIAF (National Italian-American Foundation). I know of Scottish and Irish Foundations as well. So yes there are foundations for whites, they just dont fundraise as much (because they dont need to, they have more $$$).

The difference is that one is about hertiage the other is about skin color. If this redneck was promoting an Irish-American (or Nigerian) basketball league that would be ok. (In fact, I know of a soccer club in NYC made up for Italian-Americans). But because hes setting his policy strictly on race that is Racism.

Last edited:
It's two different sports. People attend hockey games partly for the fights, which the league still allows to an extent. We're talking about serious misconduct OFF the court with these thugs in the NBA. If Allen Iverson doesn't play, people aren't going to watch the 76ers play. If Kobe Bryant doesn't play, people aren't going to watch the Lakers. We'll see what happens with Gilbert Arenas, but he wasn't really a huge name to begin with. A year-long suspension is a long time....

Iverson is a criminal to the nth degree. On February 14, 1993 he incited a riot in a bowling alley in Hampton, VA and was convicted of maiming by mob and sentenced to 15 years with 10 suspended. He served only 4 months at a correctional faciulity in Newport News, then Doug Wilder (Governor of VA) granted him clemency. Surveilance video from the bowling alley shows him beating a 70 year old woman with a metal folding chair. Guy I know was involved with the investigation. Pure BS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Iverson

How is an all-white basketball league NOT racist? Definition of racism is hatred or intolerance of other races. REGARDLESS of reason. Excluding a race from a game is DEFINITELY intolerance.
Just because someone advocates an activity for one race, to the exclusion of all others, is not racist. Why then are all black colleges allowed? How about black fraternities? What about the college professor in NC (NCSU professor Dr. Kamau Kambon) who spoke at a panel discussion at Howard University, that the only solution to the black mans problems is to kill whitey. Cannot find any further information about him.

http://www.occidentalism.org/?p=92

Your statement REQUIRES hatred or intolerance of other races. Exclusion based on race alone does not PROVE intolerance or hatred. The implication is there but that is all.

For the record, I think anything that is exclusionary based purely on race or sex is bad. Same with quotas.

...SNIP...
Many Black Organizations are funded by Whites like the United Negro College Fund. The NAACP was even founded by white people. And there are organizations specifically for whites, for example NIAF (National Italian-American Foundation). I know of Scottish and Irish Foundations as well. So yes there are foundations for whites, they just dont fundraise as much (because they dont need to, they have more $$$).

The difference is that one is about hertiage the other is about skin color. If this redneck was promoting an Irish-American (or Nigerian) basketball league that would be ok. (In fact, I know of a soccer club in NYC made up for Italian-Americans). But because hes setting his policy strictly on race that is Racism.

OK. WHAT ABOUT THOSE OF US WHO ARE JUST PLAIN AMERICAN !!!.
BTW, I happen to be white with no particular heritage. Except for maybe AMERICAN HERITAGE. This is the kind of thing that really grinds my gears. If I ask where is education funding for white people I am considered racist. Yet when I was going to college there were scholarships for EVERY particular group EXCEPT just plain white folks. I worked my way through college and got my degree. I am very tired of the dual standard that exists here in A merica. In our education system, judicial system, just about every segment of American society has some sore of dual standard. We will NEVER have an egalitarian society until EVERYONE gets together and pulls there heads out.

Rant Ends.....

Back