9 month old baby raped by 6 men

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
This is not a joke.

I received the following email yesterday, when I read it I was sickened.

I have passed it on to everyone on my address list around the world.

These people deserve to be hanged.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: 3 year old girl & 9-month-old baby.

Last week a 3 year old girl in South Africa was beaten and raped . Sheis still alive. The man responsible was released on bail yesterday.

He is walking the streets. If you are too busy to read this then just sign your name and forward this on.

This is a very important petition. It is an essential part of the justice system for children. You may have already heard that there's a myth in South Africa that having sex with a virgin will cure AIDS. The younger the virgin, the more potent the cure. This has led to an epidemic of rapes by infected males, with the correspondent infection of innocent kids. Many have died in these cruel rapes.

Recently in Cape Town , a 9-month-old baby was raped by 6 men.

Please think about that for a moment. The child abuse situation is now reaching catastrophic proportions and if we don't do something, then who will?

Kindly add your name to the bottom of the list and please pass this on to as many people as you know.

If you are signature no.: 1000 - please forward the mail-list to
childprotectpca@saps.org.za

Please don't be complacent, do something about the kids of South Africa ..

You can make a difference. That child is fighting for life. This is just 1 of the million cases of child abuse, so please pledge your support and help keep CPU (CHILD PROTECTION UNIT) open. Please give your support to the petition and ensure that it goes to as many people as possible.

Please don't just leave it, make a difference. In order to write your name copy this message and paste it in a new mail (compose). Or click on forward and add your name to the list and send it on to others.
Again, if you are number1000 please send this to: childprotectpca@saps.org.za

That's not even a crime act, its a mental illness. Only a sick f*** could do something like that.

I checked this out on Snopes.com. http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/babyrape.asp

Acording to their research, it is undetermined if this is true or not, but this kind of e-mail has been going around since at least March of 2002.

Sadly it is true. Below are just a few examples.
Google "Baby raped in Cape Town." quite a few factual reported stories will come up.

I checked the story before I posted it.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=ct200111262133327908610874

By Inga Strydom

A prayer service and vigil for the eight-month-old raped in Ravensmead, Cape Town, and all woman and child victims of violence is to be held at the Rapha Church, Balvenie Road, Elsies River, at 6.30 on Tuesday night.

The vigil is being planned by the African National Congress in Elsies River.

The baby was allegedly kidnapped from her home and raped before being dumped in a road.

She was admitted to Tygerberg Hospital.

The hospital's communications officer, Martie Carstens, said the baby's life was not in danger.

The baby was being treated with AZT to protect her against possible HIV infection and social workers were with her, said Carstens.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=ct20011124194839319B000838

In the pre-dawn darkness on Saturday, an eight-month-old Cape Town girl was snatched from her parents' bed, raped, sodomised and left bleeding in the street.

The sheer horror of grown men raping a defenceless infant, which shocked the world when it happened to nine-month Baby Tshepang near Upington earlier this month, has now become a reality in the Mother City.

The baby's mother, Sarah, wept uncontrollably on Saturday, barely able to speak.

The infant is to be operated on at Tygerberg Hospital. The extent of her internal injuries were unknown late on Saturday.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=qw1006432020700B243

teenager who allegedly kidnapped an eight-month-old baby for a muti killing three months ago will appear in court next month, the Sowetan newspaper reported on Thursday.

Baby Elsie Gwedlu, now 11 months old, was abducted by a 15-year-old girl from the Barcelona informal settlement near Benoni in September.

The teenager alleged she was instructed by another woman to kidnap Gwedlu, who was to have been killed for muti.

The muti was to have been used by the teenager's boyfriend, who wanted to evade arrest for armed robbery.

According to the report, the woman rented a shack for the teenager and baby at the Barcelona informal settlement.

Sth Africa baby rape case verdict

What is being done to bring these people to justice? I can't imagine any race or country allowing these acts to go unpunished.

AM Archive - Friday, 18 January , 2002 00:00:00

Reporter: Sally Sara

LINDA MOTTRAM: South African police are pleading for public calm after they released from custody a group of men who had been accused of the gang rape of a 9 month old girl. The men were set free because DNA tests showed that they were innocent.

The rape of the baby girl is among a number of cases of the sexual assault of children which have exposed troubling aspects of South African society to the shock and anger of many of its citizens.

The infant who was the gang rape victim is still in hospital undergoing surgery to repair horrific injuries to her genitals and reproductive organs but police now also fear for the safety of the men who were wrongly accused of the attack because vigilante groups are threatening to take the law into their own hands.

Our Africa correspondent, Sally Sara reports from Johannesburg.

SALLY SARA: In a nation already toughened and damaged by violent crime, this case has created an unprecedented reaction. The rape of the 9 month old baby in October last year horrified many South Africans.

Baby Tshepang was found bleeding profusely after she was severely sexually assaulted. Now the six men accused of carrying out the attack have been set free. The men were released after DNA tests showed they were not guilty. Their family members wept with relief as the charges were dropped.

But there are fears that members of the public will take the law into their own hands. Police are offering protection to the former suspects who were wrongly accused of raping the baby. Community leaders in the northern Cape Town of Upington are calling for calm. They told the South African Broadcasting Corporation that a constructive approach is needed.

COMMUNITY LEADER: We need to accept whatever decision which the court has arrived at and that we must go all out as a community to look for the perpetrator.

SALLY SARA: Graeme Simpson, Executive Director of the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation says the case has taken on added importance.

GRAEME SIMPSON: What it's done is it's evoked the most extraordinary and dramatic levels of emotion within this society because in a way, the rape of a 9 month old baby is symptomatic of, I suppose, the worst aspects of South African society in the transition, the levels of violence, violence going to children, the most extreme forms of violence against absolute innocence.

SALLY SARA: It's estimated that on average, 58 children are raped in South Africa every day. That's more than two every hour. Some communities are reacting to the problem with violence. There are fears that vigilantism will undermine the justice system.

In the past week, three alleged criminals were burnt to death by residents in a township near Cape Town but police say it was a case of mistaken identity and that the real culprits handed themselves in several days later.

Lynne Cawood is Director of Childline, a counselling service for children in crisis. She says vigilante groups will make children reluctant to report sexual abuse.

LYNNE CAWOOD: Well I think a horrifying situation of a child, first of all going through a rape situation and then secondly seeing vigilante groups necklacing, and I think the situation in South Africa has got to a point where something drastic has to be done and so I think that this will only increase the whole conspiracy of silence that does exist around the issue of child rape and child abuse.

SALLY SARA: This is Sally Sara in Johannesburg for AM.

Related Links
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation
Childline

http://www.abc.net.au/am/stories/s461092.htm

Last edited:
This is only the ice cube on the tip of the iceberg.

Babies are kidnapped, murdered and their body parts used for mutti (medicine).

Many parents do not complain to the police because they are afraid that the Sengorma (witch doctor) will cast a spell on them. Many blacks in South Africa firmly believe in the power of Sengorma's, including my salesman who is of the Xhosa tribe. A couple years ago I had a break in at home, despite extensive security. My salesman was highly annoyed at this, went to his local sengorma to get mutti. He said that the thieves will either confess to me, return my stolen camera's or they will die a terrible death. He firmly believed that the mutti would work. When I told him that they hadnt returned my stolen camera's, he was convinced that they had died a terrible death.

I had a very senior nurse come into my shop a couple years ago and related a story where a man appeared at the hospital with a 9 month old baby stuck on his *****. The baby was removed, but died. Because of this incident she quit her job, as this was not the first time she had to deal with such an incident.

The ANC government (if the truth were told) do not care about incidents like this, as it relates to traditional medicine. Another thing to consider is Affirmative Action in the police. Many senior police officers were promoted over their abilites, around 50% of policemen are actually illiterate and that is no exageration, and the old favourite, "Lack of funding" to the police. Police dog handlers have had to buy dog food as the police didnt have the money, police cars are not in operation because (1) They are awaiting repair, and (2) They dont have petrol.

Believe me I could go on for hours.

I only have two words if I was let loose in that part of Africa.... The Punisher. Vigilante justice would feel soooo good on these creatures. (They're not deserving of the title people.)

They've had some "Vigilante Justice" and killed the wrong men. That's the laws in America don't allow vigilante justice as an excuse.

What blows my mind is that the goverment is not seemingly to concerned and not quashing this Sex with a Virgin cures AIDS mythologic BS. Talk about Dark Ages Jackassry.

And then when we say they're backward and primitive they get all defensive and sh*t.
But according to political correctness, screwing a 9 month old baby should be like taking aspirin. It's just a small cultural difference, that's all. Ain't that right?

Yeah Fark em and their small cultural difference. They are backwards and primitive and the damned goverment won't tell them they are.

In all honesty, what can you expect? when Mbeki was President, he continuously claimed that HIV doesn't lead to AIDS.

The government can't tell them they are backward and primitive, because the government is backward and primitive themselves.

Last edited:
Britian you have my heartfelt sympathies. And a place to stay here if you ever decide to Evac.

Folks went to South Africa back in the days in search of a better life. I don't understand people who hang on as the country around them fails them miserably.

Back