5.56x45mm Rifle Review (Non AR-15) - Page 2

--

June 15th, 2006  
deerslayer

I have a personal affection for the AUG, but I was told last year that Steyr went under. Have I been misinformed? Last I'd heard the only affiliate was for the Aussie defense forces.
June 15th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Well, my favorite 5.56x45mm rifle other than a AR-15 is the Ruger Mini-14. I have the Ruger Ranch Rifle (Scoped version) of the Mini-14. I love it. It's like a M-14 and a M1 Carbine had a kid.

I've been looking into the AR-180B. A friend of mine has an original Armilite AR-180. The differnce between the AR-180 and AR-180B is the lower receiver. The original lowers of the rifle were made out of stamped metal like an AK-47 and had it's own designed trigger group. The new lowers of the rifles are mad eout of plastic and use the AR-15 group. Other than that, it's the same rifle.

Well, he does only use 20rd AR-15 magazines. I use my 30rd Ar-15 magazines in it. It's a fun rifle.
June 15th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer
I have a personal affection for the AUG, but I was told last year that Steyr went under. Have I been misinformed? Last I'd heard the only affiliate was for the Aussie defense forces.
Steyr Mannlicher is alive and kicking very well. There M Series pistol sells quite well. It has a cult following.

http://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/
--
June 15th, 2006  
Sea_Cadet

all that Kel-tec stuff is pretty tight
June 16th, 2006  
Obvious

I thought folding stock guns were banned. Or was it part of the firearms ban that ended a while ago?
June 16th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

That was part of the Clinton Era Assault Weapons Ban.

Bayonet Lugs
Folding Stocks
Magazines over ten rounds

Were all banned. But, the CLinton Era Mistake ended and once again. Americans can buy firearms the way they want it.
June 16th, 2006  
moving0target

Can't tell you how many times I've heard thugs robbing convenience stores say to each other, "Fix bayonets!"
June 17th, 2006  
major liability

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving0target
Can't tell you how many times I've heard thugs robbing convenience stores say to each other, "Fix bayonets!"
This should be in someone's sig.
June 17th, 2006  
rotc boy

i was just gonna do that when i scrolled down
i need something to replace this apparently fake sig in mine
*as pointed out by mohmar deathstrike

edit: spelt his name wrong
June 17th, 2006  
moving0target

Most happy to be of service.