37 RCSCC Courageous Drum and Bugle Band

pimp_squeak

We're the South-western Ontario Champions, 4th year running. We also got invited to perform at the opening ceremonies for the Memorial Cup, essentially that's the Canadian equivalent of the Stanley Cup. IT will be broadcasted nation-wide in Canada on Rogers sportsnet, that's channel 22 here. It might be different elsewhere. Anyway, I figured I'd let you guys know. It's decent music, as well there'll be an Air Cadet band performing as well. 713 Stoney Creek, and the army gun-run.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm going to resurect it because I have a couple of announcements to make regarding the band. A) 713 handed our asses to us on a platter, BUT B) at provincials we finished 3rd in our division (drum and bugle) and 5th overall out of 11 bands. C) the 1st place D & B band as well as best overall band was a sea cadet corps from Seault St. Marie Ontario. 46 Royal Sovereign. Hopefully we'll see them, or Admiral Mountbatten (RS main competitor up North) next year at provincials.

it's been a while but

Haven't signed onto this site in a while, but I came across this thread in a google search and I figured that I might as well give those individuals interested an update. The band started practising a couple weeks ago and we've gained a few people somewhere in the switchup. Last year we lost our mellophone player, our star soprano player, our quad player and a snare player. For some reason we've made all of them back and then some. Last year at compeition we marched 17 people, this year we're looking to march between 20 and 25 people. As of right now we have 6 sopranoes, 2 mellophones, 3 baritones, and a contrabass. Our drumline has 2 quads (a first for Ontario cadets in competition) 2 snares, 4 bass drums, and a lowly cymbal player. Hard to believe it but we're already playing most of our show music (at least the hornline is...) and the drumline has all the warmups down to a proficiency we never reached last year at any time. Things are looking up and I'm looking to win provincials this year.

babyboy4u363 said:
only 2 snares!?!? we sound rough if wer running on 4! wowie, il bet theyre real good players though

How big is your band? The problem isn't volume usually, but rather getting everyone to play in time with each other.

Back