300 ---can anyone guess what this movie will be about? - Page 7

--

March 11th, 2007  
bulldogg

Fair enough, your original responses seemed a bit rabid.

That said, trust me, no one with a minimum of two operational cerebral neurons will walk away from the movie theatre thinking ill of ancient Persia.
March 11th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg

That said, trust me, no one with a minimum of two operational cerebral neurons will walk away from the movie theatre thinking ill of ancient Persia.
hope so
March 11th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg

Of course not. Xirces was the only evil one. . Just kiddin. Honestly though, it was just a war movie...One side had to be portrayed as the bad guys...
--
March 12th, 2007  
Damien435

Saw the movie myself, my personal opinion on the matter: The producers took a great story right out of the pages of history and turned it into ****. Elephants are not that big, I don't recall ever reading about Rhino's being mounted as cavalry, Xerxes certainly wasn't nine feet tall, there were two kings in Sparta not just one, I highly doubt there were that many Africans in a PERSIAN army, Sparta certinaly wasn't a grand city with massive public works, and the Spartans did wear body armor, which was very effective for its day.

Basically it's like this, if you don't care that much about history and can look past all the glaring inaccuracies it's a great movie, if you're like me and (going out on a limb here) Phoenix you probably won't like the movie.
March 12th, 2007  
Fox

It's a good movie, I seen. And of course, it's very inaccurate from the history book.
March 14th, 2007  
WNxRogue

Can anyone tell me the significance of the Siege of Sparta by Pyrrhus of Epirus? I never got why exactly he sieged Sparta, or the significance of that battle.
March 15th, 2007  
phoenix80

http://pajamasmedia.com/2007/03/film_300_questions.php

a must read
March 15th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

*rolls eyes* Well, since we're on the subject...Pirates of the Carribean...The Black Pearls crew didnt really have a curse on them...What? You mean, you would have watched it anyway because its fun to PRETEND?!
March 15th, 2007  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
No offense, I know how do you feel about the movie insulting Persian's history or something. But you gotta admit it, it's just a hollywood movie. You should be glad for Muslim ain't siege or overthrown like what did the muslims did to Danish cartoon.
March 16th, 2007  
Chyllaxen

WEll, WHen they made the movie they really didnt care about Factual representation, I wont lie me and the GF loved it, she got to see "HOTT GUYS" Half nude the entire movie...and i go my daily helping of Blood, gore and Violence