Which of these tanks can perform the best? -

Topic about: Hmmm... best tank in the world? A-10 Thunderbolt II AC-130H Spectre B-52 Stratofortress I've seen modern armor. I've worked along side modern armor. I respect modern armo

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

October 14th, 2008  
UnitedSomalia

Which of these tanks can perform the best? info

T-95-Russian

M1A2-American

Leopard 2A6-German

Merkava Mk 4-Israeli

Leclerc-French

Challenger 2-British

Zulfiqar 3-Iranian
The most advanced of these, the Zulfiqar-3, is based on earlier American tanks, primarily M-48/M60 models acquired under the pre-revolution era. The Zulfiqar-3 also features considerable upgrades to the fire control system, chassis, engine and main gun, with a 125mm autoloader.

Comparison

Questions:
Which of these tanks can dominate the battlefield or would have an edge if they were each operated by a well trained crew? And what terrain or scenario were each of these tanks built for to perform in?

--
October 15th, 2008  
Bacara

if they all had crews of indentical skill, probaly the T-90, thats not a T-95, plus its lighter, with better mobility, and a powerful gun. Its is cheaper and easily mass produced in the event of a large scale war.

October 15th, 2008  
The Other Guy

The Abrams is the king of the sand... while the T-95 would fare best on a Western European Terrain, even with the technicologically superior Leopard.

1-Abrams (overall it's arguably the best tank ever made)
2-Leopard (everything the Abrams has except someone to fight)
3-T-95 (the world's first disposable heavy tank)

October 15th, 2008  
Bacara

yes and the abrams is 70 tons, incrediably expensive, and guzzles 6 gallons of jet fuel per mile.
and the T-34 was the best tank of all time by far, no comparision

October 15th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacara
and the T-34 was the best tank of all time by far, no comparision
The Tigers and Panzers were technologically superior to the T-34, however because of the intense bombings on Nazi Germany they could not be produced nearly as quickly as the T-34, which was additionally much cheaper to make and maintain.

October 15th, 2008  
Topmaul

When I was in the Marines years ago like in the 1980s maintenance was a nighmare, a tank to be effective has to be easy to maintain in the field.

and the T-34 is not question the best tank ever.

October 15th, 2008  
SHERMAN

This is a lost cause we canwt even tell between 2 tanks(see numerous posts abot this), certinly not between all of them. I do have a few remarks.
1) T-95 is not an operational tank and I think the picture is a T-90.
2) The picture of the Merkava is the Mk 3, not an Mk 4.
3) The Zulfiqar dosent belong on this list. Its a "pimp my tank" Iranian T-72 and M60 combo. That means it is mae of componnent from 2 tanks over 35 years old. There is no way Iran can produce a 1st class tank, espcially when they are "cross-breeding" museum pieces.

October 15th, 2008  
major liability

My vote certainly goes to the Leopard 2. It's got everything the Abrams does, with more range.

October 15th, 2008  
ObjSRgtLw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
2-Leopard (everything the Abrams has except someone to fight)
Explain please.

October 16th, 2008  
Bacara

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
The Tigers and Panzers were technologically superior to the T-34, however because of the intense bombings on Nazi Germany they could not be produced nearly as quickly as the T-34, which was additionally much cheaper to make and maintain.
even german generals said either the T-34 or the IS-2 was the best tank in the world. Germans tanks were very tampermental, hard to maintain, expensive, and could claim no technological superiority over the T-34