China Bans Bra, Underwear, Sex Toy Ads -

Read more about China Bans Bra, Underwear, Sex Toy Ads photo BEIJING (AP) - China has banned television and radio ads for push-up bras, figure-enhancing underwear and sex toys in the com

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

October 1st, 2007   #1
Team Infidel

China Bans Bra, Underwear, Sex Toy Ads info

China Bans Bra, Underwear, Sex Toy Ads photo
BEIJING (AP) - China has banned television and radio ads for push-up bras, figure-enhancing underwear and sex toys in the communist government's latest move to purge the nation's airwaves of what it calls social pollution. Regulators have already targeted ads using crude or suggestive language,...

October 1st, 2007   #2
phoenix80

following Taliban? It's weird......

October 1st, 2007   #3
major liability

This will have positively no effect on their society unless they ban the human sex drive as well.

You'd think they'd want more such publications about, if they're trying to control their birth rate.

"Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government." - George Washington

October 2nd, 2007   #4
5.56X45mm

It's the same thing with sodomy. It was "illegal" in many states. Hell, I think Florida still has it on it's books. But the law is not enforced. US States banning sex toys is like making it illegal to chew gum in public. Yeah, it's on the books (From days gone by) but it's not enforced.

(Yes, sex toys make it more fun)

The People's Republic of China is a different matter. The people aren't secure in heir homes or their persons. Chi-Com secret police can enter homes without any reason. They also block words like Freedom and Democracy from internet searches.

October 2nd, 2007   #5
Gator

Good thing about having 50 States is if one does not like the Laws in one, then one can move to another where the Laws maybe more towards ones liking.

The Founding Fathers put guns (Arms) into the Federal Constitution, and, left out sex toys.

I was Stationed at an Army Base in Alabama that was in a dry County, but the Base was Federal Property, so the sale and drinking of alcohol was allowed on post.
Those who lived in Off Post Quarters could also drink in their Quarters, but I believe the rule was when they bought alcohol on Post they had to keep it in the Trunk of thier Car until they got home, and they were not allowed to drink on their porch or outside in their yard.

Difference here is the Government of China is making the Ban, not some locality within China proper.

The Government of China will do what Government in the United States do when they do not like one thing or another, they will Ban the sale and possession of items they do not like, and watch if people order things shipped in from places which sale and ship said items outside China proper.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/image.php?u=5496&type=sigpic&dateline=1336693617
INITIAL SUCCESS✫orTOTAL FAILURE

October 2nd, 2007   #6
Infern0

also worth pointing out that the chinese haven't banned the sale of the items, just the advertisements for them

October 3rd, 2007   #7
Redleg

Topic reminder: China Bans Bra, Underwear, Sex Toy Ads
US matters should be discussed in another thread.

Off-topic posts split to a new thread here:
Illegal to own sex toys in US states?

October 3rd, 2007   #8
AChina

In addition to Chinese businessmen, no one will oppose this ban

October 3rd, 2007   #9
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AChina
In addition to Chinese businessmen, no one will oppose this ban
Could you plz tell us why not!?!

October 3rd, 2007   #10
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Could you plz tell us why not!?!
Would you go up against the Chinese Government if you lived there? Damn sure I wouldn't.

"I am totally responsible for what I write,... however I cannot be held responsible for your complete inability to understand"

Tags
ads, china, sex, toy, underwear