Zombie Survival

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
I've expanded the Zombie survival part of my site and it's catching on quite well!
Check it out:
http://ryogahouse.wordpress.com/travel-tips/zombie-survival/
Don't forget to look up Zombie Survival Fitness and Zombie Survival Weapons from the menu as well.
Currently in the works: US Army Field Manual 999-3, Counter-Zombie Operations at the Fire Team Level ;) The Preface, Introduction and Chapter 1 have been completed but need to be polished a bit before I upload them.

I've expanded the Zombie survival part of my site and it's catching on quite well!
Check it out:
http://ryogahouse.wordpress.com/travel-tips/zombie-survival/
Don't forget to look up Zombie Survival Fitness and Zombie Survival Weapons from the menu as well.
Currently in the works: US Army Field Manual 999-3, Counter-Zombie Operations at the Fire Team Level ;) The Preface, Introduction and Chapter 1 have been completed but need to be polished a bit before I upload them.

This is what you need:
deadreckoninglg1.jpg
deadreckoninglg2.jpg

:)

Nah Prapor, give'em some of TI's chili and that'll wipe'em out.

Can, I'd love to have a finished copy! A couple of them, in fact!

Well, I'm pretty sure I have enough of an arsenal at my disposal to defend my family in the unlikely scenario of a... zombie invasion.

There's the Mossberg shotgun and the Thai knife/sword monstrosity I already talked about
68331607.jpg

The AKM with drum magazine which I also had mentioned before
11081202.jpg

I also own a sniper-equipped IZH-94 double-barrel carbine with changeable barrels
70763419ig.jpg
942k.jpg

I also have a TOZ-103 "short" carbine
106iv.jpg

Main weapon of choice for Cossacks these days.

And, of course, what is a Cossack without his shashka, nagaika, and spare knife
83422087.jpg

Yes, I think I'm prepared for anything :D

haha. I've said that the best firearm to use will be one that is accurate and uses ammo that is both common and light and is at least capable of going through a skull at 100m. In the US the 5.56mm round would fit the bill quite nicely.
As for blades, clean blades without the "saw" on the back are preferred because those can get lodged inside the Zombie. The sword shown below should do quite well.

Prapor - have you heard of Rambo?:smile:

Good man, reminds me of my father slightly.

haha. I've said that the best firearm to use will be one that is accurate and uses ammo that is both common and light and is at least capable of going through a skull at 100m. In the US the 5.56mm round would fit the bill quite nicely.

Like my brother's OSV-96?
3173341.jpg
3173343.jpg

It can pierce police body armor, which is why they ban them for anyone but police and military. But we still get our hands on them :)

As for blades, clean blades without the "saw" on the back are preferred because those can get lodged inside the Zombie. The sword shown below should do quite well.

A shashka is perfect for that sort of thing :) Primarily a chopping or slashing, not stabbing weapon. Sharpened on both sides.

It is also our main way of identifying our own. There are many 'fake' Cossacks these days, 'ryazhennye', 'dresser-uppers', as we call them. Put on our uniforms and pretend to be us, because they think it's cool or something. Government issued Cossack IDs are not so effective, you can get a fake one. The best confirmation of a Cossack's identity and status is still his shashka.

Street patrols in Cossack communities, if they suspect an imposter, would come up to him and demand his 'displays his blade'
24939110150269681506558.jpg

Only a real Cossack would have a real shashka. They are made by masters who pass their art from father to son; and are sold or given as gifts only to members of that master's own clan.
IMG_1498.jpg

In my case, that would be my 3d eldest uncle on my mother's side.

A 'ryazhennyi' would have either a cheap replica that is available on the Internet but is easily distinguished from the work of a real master (if by no other way that that masters ingrave the initials of their clans into the base of the blade, near the handle), or a wooden imitation, or even no blade at all, just a handle attached to a sheath. When we catch them, we take away their uniform, literally force them to strip down, in the middle of the street (shame is a far more effective punishment than even pain, you know!), sometimes beat them up, and let them go :)

Yes, those sabers are very important to us.

Last edited:
Suddenly, I feel the need to move in with Prapor. That way when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, I can just hide behind him for safety....:)

Sniper weapons are cool too but for regular use you're going to need a weapon like the AK-74 or M-4. Zombies will be keeping you on the move constantly.

Suddenly, I feel the need to move in with Prapor. That way when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, I can just hide behind him for safety....:)

Sorry, I'm already happily married lol And unlike our dear Chechen neighbors we don't practice polygamy, at the very least not yet :D

Sniper weapons are cool too but for regular use you're going to need a weapon like the AK-74 or M-4. Zombies will be keeping you on the move constantly.

Not unless you station yourself at a high point, on a hill/mountain, or on the roof of a tall building.

I think the big problem with guns is, they tend to run out of ammunition. That is when the shashka comes in :D

Last edited:
Actually anti-mine flails would be more useful.

Ohh yeah.... :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf6CsvAffHo"]YouTube - ‪Churchill Toad Mine clearing flail post WW2‬‏[/ame]

Or even better, a remote controlled one.. :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SuY1cey3KU"]YouTube - ‪Digger D-2 Swiss Demining Machine‬‏[/ame]

Not unless you station yourself at a high point, on a hill/mountain, or on the roof of a tall building.

I think the big problem with guns is, they tend to run out of ammunition. That is when the shashka comes in :D

In which case you probably ...
1) Don't want to shoot because they can't get to you and you can't get new ammo.
2) Starve to death.
3) Get struck by lightning and die.

@redleg, anti-mine flails FTW!

Back