The Zimmerman Note - Page 2

--

November 29th, 2004  
03USMC

Actually the Mexican War was for expansion if you look at the history. It was provoked by the US. The US did have designs on the Southwest and recognizing and accepting Texas was the catalyst.
November 29th, 2004  
Darcia

Not even the British could get a German Minister to go along with something like that. The British are good at things like this But I agree that they wouldn't have been able to get everything going right.
December 2nd, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanpatroler
That might even be a British Fabrication
I know we Brits have a reputation for being sneaky, but getting the German Foreign Minister to go along with it, would be asking a bit much even for 007
The German government admitted the note was genuine. How much more evidence do you need before you accept the fact .
Well the British were wiretapping a secure PEACETIME cableline and you never know conspiricies may have its way with the zimmerman note
--
December 2nd, 2004  
Damien435

I can't believe I am hearing this, the Zimmerman Note was not faked. See this is one of the things I hate about Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press, the Freedom to Lie, I guarantee it was an American who first questioned the validity of the Zimmerman note even after he admitted to writing and sending it.
December 3rd, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Well there is always the possibility of Conspiracy
December 3rd, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanpatroler
Well there is always the possibility of Conspiracy
And then their is just saying something for the sake of talking.
December 6th, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Well in that case I highly doubt the Mexicans could do anything to get back thier lost territory. In other words the Germans were just stalling america if they actually had done that.
December 7th, 2004  
Darcia

Thats is an idea, the ermans may have been trying to keep America out of Europe...