Zimbabwe's neighbors to meet on unity deal (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Fourteen southern African nations will hold a summit to try to break a power-sharing stalemate in Zimbabwe between President Robert Mugabe and the opposition that has prevented the formation of a new government.

More...

Whats the old saying "Power corrupts and total power totally corrupts"

Not too long ago I emailed Interpol asking why a red notice has never been issued against Mugabe for his part in the murders of 8 British missionaries plus 4 children including a 3 week old baby, who was bayoneted to death beside her mother. I was informed by Interpol that their mandate did not include political crimes. I always believed that crime was crime, whatever auspices it came under.

I refer of course to the Elim Massacre carried out by Mugabe's thugs on 23rd June 1978 at the Elim Pentecostal Church in (then) Rhodesia. http://www.publiuspundit.com/wp/index.php/?p=851

The dead, who belonged to the Elim Pentecostal Church, were:
* Mr. Peter McCann (30), his wife, Sandra (also 30), son Phillip (six) and daughter Joy (five).
* The Rev. Phillip Evans (29), his wife, Suzan (35), and their daughter Rebecca (four).
* Mr. Roy Lynn (37), his wife, Joyce (36), and their daughter Pamela Grace. She would have been three weeks old yesterday.
* Catherine Picken (55) and Elizabeth Wendy Hamilton- White (37).
* Miss Mary Fisher ( 28 ).
Most of the women had been sexually assaulted, and one mutilated.
The children had been dragged from their beds. Two children were in yellow pyjamas, one with a red dressing gown, and a third in a flowery nightdress.
One child had her tiny thumbs clenched in her palms.
Even hardened security men were stunned by the bloody scene and stood around silently. “The quiet is uncanny”, said one.
Mr. Brian Chapman, director of the Church in Rhodesia and South Africa, visited the scene yesterday. He said: “We saw no humanity here.”

Last edited:
Back