zf4 adjusting?

henryb

I have two zf4 scopes but have never tried to adjust them. The adjuster on the side is for up or down. and the one on the top is for right to left adjusting correct? There are three small screws located on a small disk on the knob,i believe you remove them to expose the adjusting screw. So what are the small numbers for on the side of the dial?you can turn the knob without removing the small disk and three screws.When does this come into play.I own the book GERMAN SNIPER by SENICH but still need a little help.Thanks So is the other marking there to place or set on 100 meters first and then start the zeroing with the small middle screw located in the up and down adjustment knob? hope i haven't confused anyone

Last edited:
I have two zf4 scopes but have never tried to adjust them. The adjuster on the side is for up or down. and the one on the top is for right to left adjusting correct?

If I am reading things correctly your assumption is correct.

There are three small screws located on a small disk on the knob, I believe you remove them to expose the adjusting screw.
As I recall there should be two sets of three screws, one set securing the windage and the other securing the elevation drum covers.
So yes you remove them and then remove the cover plates to expose the adjusting screws.

The method I have used in the past for adjusting these scopes came off the G43 website and it has worked perfectly for me in the past...

1. Remove all three locking screws from both the windage and elevation drum covers on the scope body, and remove the cover plates.

2. Set the rifle on a fixed bench rest position aimed at a 100-metre target.

3. Position the rifle so that the iron sights are dead on the target at 100 metres.

4. Look through the scope and see where the post is aligned.

5. Turn the adjustment screws on the inside of the drums to line up the post reticle to the identical spot that the iron sights are.

6. Turn the drums so they read 100 yards for elevation, and centre the windage.

7. Replace the drum covers and screws, and test fire a 3 to 5 shot group. repeat this process as necessary to achieve the desired results.

hope I haven't confused anyone
Just a little, I think.
:)

Last edited:
thanks thats sort of what i was thinking. i bought a green laser bore sight i was hoping on trying also.

They are suppose to be originals. The mounts are not.On one of the scopes i had just a little haze on the lens ,the other is very clear. I tried cleaning the inside of lens several years ago but it was etched in the glass. I found a special tool that is used to remove the locking rings. but stripped the very small locking screw in the ring. I didnt see the little screws.

also small increments on knob on side of scope should be moved to number 1 = 100 meters then make the screw adjustment inside of knob and sight in target located 100 meters away.

Back