Zastava Arms

I hope theyre not bad as the hunting rifles they sell. I had a couple and all of them rust pretty quick

And its very funny that you are trying to compare Zastava with HK. First of all, all of them are copies they dont function well caue i was a former user of those weapons. And give some evidence that they are sold in the states. I tried to avoid this but could no longer, of how much b******tting there is here.
Ok nobody said that they are better than the originals but they are one of the best copies-if choosing between a chinese and a yugoslav kalashnikov
i would take the second...

What makes these 5,56 copies better then the failed russian models in 5,56?
The AKM never caught on in Russia.

As for the grenade launcher.
Damned good weapon by all standards.
Packs quite a kick though for this type of weapon, but it does get the job done in the gap between handgrenades and mortars.
THAT in and of itself makes it a weapon high in demand for any inf, platoon.

//KJ.

IMO 5.56 mm sucks. Great for hunting, terrible, I think, for anything combat related.
But then, I have no combat training. I know it's fine for dropping rabbits and coyotes.

Ok nobody said that they are better than the originals but they are one of the best copies-if choosing between a chinese and a yugoslav kalashnikov
i would take the second...

your forgetting the Finnish Rk 62
And you've got to do a lot of serious testing for that kind of statement.

And the chinese Ak's and other copies have actually an advantage since they've got a SKS speed loader.

Currently they're not so great but I'd imagine in a decade or so, Chinese produced arms will actually become of reasonably high quality.
The nature of industry in China is actually shifting.
The image of Chinese producing cheap junk will be obsolete... possibly in the next 10 years.

your forgetting the Finnish Rk 62
And you've got to do a lot of serious testing for that kind of statement.

And the chinese Ak's and other copies have actually an advantage since they've got a SKS speed loader.

He said "One of the Best", not the best.

And a lot of these weapons have seen a lot of combat in the early 90's, and they did perform very well for all factions that used them.

Currently they're not so great but I'd imagine in a decade or so, Chinese produced arms will actually become of reasonably high quality.
The nature of industry in China is actually shifting.
The image of Chinese producing cheap junk will be obsolete... possibly in the next 10 years.

agree...

He said "One of the Best", not the best.

And a lot of these weapons have seen a lot of combat in the early 90's, and they did perform very well for all factions that used them.

They were used because they were almost the only weapons left because of the embargo, until other industries started to make their own guns or some managed to get their weapons through the embargo.

And im not saying they are totally scrap metal just saying they are far from being best or one of the best

They were pretty much the only, and yet they performed extremely well with the Croatians, Bosnians, Ultranationalists and JNA.

Back