Who is your very favourite?

Del Boy

Who would you care to invite back for a third term?

Geo W. Bush or Bill Clinton or Richard Nixon.

C'mon - who's your favourite? Don't be shy!

This question reminds me of the local Art Society Exhibition two or three years ago. They had dozens of entries, but no First Prize was given as it was decided that the standard of exhibits was too low.

Such should be the case here, clear back to 30th place or so.

Last edited:
I'd say Clinton. Bush is just.... well... Bush. And Nixon... yeah..... Clinton was ok and was doing good until the scandal. The funny thing about that is he didn't get in trouble for the BJ, but because he lied. ooooooo..... Maybe we all should be kicked out of our jobs for lying. :roll:

I think I would see it this way.

Nixon was involved with the dreaded Joe Mc Carthy the un-American activities committee boss.
But he was very strong on foreign affairs, and was the man who recognised that the Soviet Union was winning WW111 without firing a shot and had to be confronted. He also was the first major politician of the west to bite the bullet and visit China to see what could be achieved in that direction.

Did he not also halt the Viet-Nam war?

But then - Watergate and scandal. In today's climate would Watergate have cost him his job?

Geo W. has had his hands full juggling with the most dangerous hot potato imaginable, and no-one should envy him that.

Bill Clinton is the great communicator - he could sell anyone anything. I watched every minute of the efforts to impeach him, live on television.
(as i did the OJ trial). What might he have achieved given time? Who knows, maybe nothing more.

I was JFK's biggest fan from the night of his unexpected election success.
I really bought Camelot. But the legend has dimmed with the slow unfolding of history speaking.

Teddy Kennedy - for me -don't go there.

Can anyone tell me how Bill Clinton viewed the militant Islamic problems USA faced? Was he for or against the war ?

Back