Your squad!?

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Let it be EU,USMC,NATO,SEALS,PathFinders,or Natinal Gaurd.
Any way here is the sceneario,you are behind enemy lines with a 5 man sqaud,you dont have many men so choose wisely!You must choose the guys specialty and small arm weapon!No support ,air ,arty,naval,none.
Your sqaud members and you have only been together for 3 days in order to get a feel for your comrades fighting style.

What type of troopes would you choose?
And what arms would you place in there hands?

It can be any weapon,from any where.long as its real and is able to be carried by a foot soldier.

I personally think it's a bit of an odd question or scenario. What are they trying to achieve, or what is their mission. Anyway, with a 5 man team I'd just want 5 Australian Riflemen from the Royal Australian Regiment.... a recon platoon ideally. 3rd Battalion perhaps, maybe the 2nd. Just walk outta there as quiet as can be.

As for what weapons they'd carry, nothing more than standard section weapons
That'd be all really.

Last edited:
Well, I'd want at least one guy trained in demolitions and equipped with lots of explosives, one medic, one with an anti-tank weapon like a Javelin or Eryx, and one with a semi-auto grenade launcher like a Milkor or MM-1 for suppression and destruction of infantry behind cover. All of them would have L85A2s with detachable suppressors for when we are outnumbered.

Sounds like a pretty nasty situation to begin with, though. I just tried to pick guys that could cover most contingencies with their loadouts.

Give me some runners. Were gettin the hell out of dodge. With 5 guys behind enemy lines it doesnt really matter how much firewpower you got cause if your cover is blown your in all likelyhood toast anyways.

So for me

Handguns only.

Glocks, the full auto ones.

Speed > Firepower.

one with an anti-tank weapon like a Javelin

Mate, a Javelin weighs 22.3kg, not including additional tubes.
Who's gunna carry this poor bastards pack and webbing, let alone his rifle.

I'd want at least one guy trained in demolitions and equipped with lots of explosives
Planning on blowing something up? With a 5 man squad behind enemy lines you'd be insane.

Basically what you've described the Maj. Liability, is a stereotypical video game squad that has no basis or fuunctionality in real life. It would fall apart at the seems quicker than "Dodgy Mick's Hong Kong Brand Undies".

It has no basis of supporting elements, or fire support, let alone compatability and survivability. Logistically you'd be up the creek without a paddle. Why you'd want a bloke lugging a Javelin around, and another over loaded with comp-B is beyond me. In real life, soldiers don't go around blowing holes in walls all the time, and ambushing tanks.

Sorry to rain on your parade, just doing the logical officer thing here.

Rabs you've got the right idea, run the hell outta there.

Either that, or my suggestion.... avoid contact at all costs...

Unless everyone wants posthumous Victoria Crosses.

Perhaps a bit more detail would be helpful. What sort of terrain? What is the objective? Where in the world are they? What is the opposing force likely armed with? This is all basic intelligence these troops would have. So far the "run for your life" solution seems best on the given data, but I doubt that was the intent of the original question.

What sort of troops would I want to be with behind enemy lines, well give me the SAS who do this all the time. Weapons well the standard for this type of patrol.

AussieNick said:
Unless everyone wants posthumous Victoria Crosses.
That's the idea. He won't be carrying that Javelin for long. Blow up as much as you can before you die, because I don't think you'll be making it out of there no matter how light your equipment is. I've got the "ALLAHU AKBAR!" mentality. For this reason, logistics aren't a problem. I probably wouldn't make it to use all my ammo.

P.S. Who said I had to be logical?

Last edited:
major liability said:
That's the idea. He won't be carrying that Javelin for long. Blow up as much as you can before you die, because I don't think you'll be making it out of there no matter how light your equipment is. I've got the "ALLAHU AKBAR!" mentality.

I have a feeling youd be packing some rolling paper as well :p

LeEnfield said:
...well give me the SAS who do this all the time.
Bingo. I would choose to tag along with 5 USSF members, since no way in hell would they take orders from me!

First of all i think i would have chosen the SSG just beacuse it would probably be quiker to talk in my Native Language.

If we would have look't like The Native's, I would Use Civilian Clothes Probably, And Have Light Weapons in a BackPack and a guy that could speak the Native Language so if any one asked He would say we were local Hunters.

Bye The Way, Isn't the Javelin an Ground-Air Weapon.?

Listen up!

Okay okay ok.Ill feed you the new info on the sceneario,you are in a rough wasteland type terrain,rocky with small shrubbery here and there,but with no sand berms or or dunes,also there are villages full of refugees out in your area,also the enemy has armor,and2 elite rifleman companies in your area,but also you must lay low when you choose to attack,beacause if sticking up long enough your team will be punished with ememy air,and by that,Fighter bombers from a airbase to the north .Your objective,to lay low on your way to performe a recon on the condition that the civialians in the villages are reciving from the enemy occuping force,and then get a close visual recon photos of the air base.thats my intel,I know its late but sorry.Then suit your self for a vehicle exstract after you hump you way back to the insertion area,about 12kms south of the Fo for the airbase,also there are friendly insurgants in the are,so watch you fire!

Last edited:
So, basically, the first time the enemy spots you or the first time you pop a cap, your entire team is catfood. Sounds like ghillie suits and cameras are just about the only useful weapons.

ghillie suits, NVGs (safer to move at night), M-4s, a couple grenades, and some rolls of film for the camera. nothing heavier than a radio. keep light, move fast, stay alive.

Carry a nine with you at least,light weapons,and hey, there are no guidlines for war right?you must be trained for anything the enemy may chunk you way sometimes right?

Heres my lay out,

Man 1:Rifleman,Gps reciver,small feild radio with one set or extra batteris for emergancies only,And with a Ak101 with 4 clips with open sitghts and detachible silencer.Binocluars,Kbar knife.

Man 2:Scout Sniper,Walther 2000,wtih night goggles and with a Glock17 9mm police issue sidearm with 2 clips,Maps of the area and and K bar knife.

Man 3:Spotter,spotter optics,and a Ak101 with 3clips,open sights,detachable siliencer and Gps reciver with a small low visivblity flashlight for reading the maps,K bar.Binocluars

Man 4:Rifleman,Ak101 ,with x2 scope and with 4clips and detachible silencer with 2rifle cleaning kits,and K bar,

Man 5:Coreman ,armed with a Mp5 with 3clips ,open sights and with shoulder straps.Basic medical gear for treating minimum injureisr,K bar,and morphine tablets,also with a low visibliy flashlight.

All of these men will be carringy rations that will if eaten in in controlled ammounts will last them for about five days.

The loads are meduim,but there are rifle companies out there,as well as aromor,so I beefed up the light to medium,and they will usealy move at night when its gets cooler and takes less effort to stay concealed.And the sniper and lead rifle men will control the light small cameras.each with only one extra film roll with each camera

Last edited:
Silencers on assault rifles? They make them and they do reduce the noise level to a comfortable one, but they are by no means silent. If we're talking about fairly open terrain here, the explosion, the cycling of the action and the crack of the round going supersonic are still going to give your position away.

Really, if the enemy is made up of two companies of elite riflemen, you aren't going to be able to kill any of them without the rest of them being well of aware of the fact. Sniping them would be suicidal unless your Walther can take out 200 guys before said two hundred waste the five man team.

Suprressors?Not on the Kalashinova model 101?Wow I dint realize that,but still my team would be ready for a last firefight if those baddies come knocking,I d see to it that where ever my team sets up a overwatch postition at we have a means and way of escape out of the hot zone.

Gimmie one of htose fancy man-portable UAVs some boys with weapons to set up a perimeter around the controller. No point in rushing in with a digi-cam when we got the high tech stuff.

Back