In your opinion, what war in the ancient world, changed how we conduct warfare today? - Page 2

--

November 27th, 2009  
Riddell10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I am sorry we can cycle around in circles here until we are dizzy but in the end I believe that the battle of Marathon clearly indicates that the Greeks had at the very least a rudimentary grasp of the tactics you seem to be attributing to the Carthaginians some 200 years before Cannae.
i no i no we were going in circles, but even the guerilla warfare hannibal did with his numidians, setting traps giving bate on a small and large scale in different battles, and even using the mindset of his enemy to his advantage in my opinion instead of sticking to traditional tactics he understood his oppenants reality and that won him battles
December 2nd, 2009  
Regulator795

Topic: Agincourt

The Battle of Agincourt proved that ranged weaponry when combined with proper terrain can effectively eliminate a larger, better equipped force.

O Hail O Hail Artillery! King of battle follow me!
December 6th, 2009  
koalaburger

The Zulus with the horns of the buffalo. It was all about flanking the enemy.
--
March 18th, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

I think the American Civil War. There was gunpowder, new machine guns, new tactics, first Western steamships, first submarines, first everything really.
March 18th, 2010  
Chukpike

All of them. Warfare has been an evolution.
March 18th, 2010  
Czin

The hundred years war (Which should actually be called the series of wars that stretched over 116 years.) It was perhaps the defining conflict of the middle ages and defined the relationship between France and Englad for a long time.
March 19th, 2010  
LeEnfield

Any major war that affect on the way the world works, each time it caused a shift in the balance of power moving from one country to another. This normally followed with a flood of new ideas over a period of time.
March 20th, 2010  
ArtilleryMarine

the way i see it there are 2 ppl that changed the way we fight. alaxander the great, (short hair and clean shaven) and gangis kan, he mainly focused on long ranged attaks before sinding in his infantry