Your opinion about war on Iraq? - Page 4

--
Boots

January 30th, 2005  
Young Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastHuman
Wow a whole unit is in Iraq. So far I have yet to here of anyone do anything except for the US and UK.
Australia has about 800 personnel there. Do you want any more
January 30th, 2005  
chewie_nz

he wants us all there...our lives on the line for US "protection"
January 30th, 2005  
rotc boy

ok, and if New Zealend was attacked tomorow, everyone would expect the US to come to your help, and when we dont, people piss and moan about it, whatever America does, it's wrong, and quite frankly, a lot of us are sick of that kinda bull!!!
--
Boots
January 30th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
he wants us all there...our lives on the line for US "protection"
I can see your skepticism when talking about the breakout of war, but do you really apply that to the current situation? Do you honestly believe this is not for the United State's protection?

Or maybe you typed that relaxed to zing that guy?
January 30th, 2005  
OutcastHuman

You don't get it do you. Like ROTC said, When you guys have a problem you want us to jump to the rescue, but if we act on our own we get scolded. The world only loves us when they need us and its been shown quiet a few times.
January 30th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.A.F.E.S.
It is an illegal war. The UN didnt aproved it.

Man oh man, I wasn't even going to post but this one got me.

Since when does the sovereign nation of an organization need aproval to defend itself?

The UN has been existince for 80 years. In WWII a small Dutch to was helping the Allies and the SS noticed this and they sent 700 SS soldiers reprimand the towns people. The SS started by shooting the men in the head and forced the women and childen to watch, then they forced the women and children into the towns church, an SS oficer was annoyed by a baby crying and took it from its mothers arms and smashed it against the wall, then they locked the doors and set the church afire and anyone caught crawling out a window was shot. After they where finished they left the town singing songs of the FatherLand.

These are the same type of people who flew two 747 jets into the WTC's and another one into the Pentagon.

Terrorism is nothing new, they've been around for hundreds of years, not only that this isn't the only attack by Osama Bin Laden on the us, in 1999 he had terrorist bomb a US Embassy.

Some other terroist attacks:

USS Cole
Timothy McVay's attack
Numerous US Embassies.

This is nothing compared to Veitnam, and Veitnam wasn't even our war its was the French's.

Tell me what other countries threatened the US?

We freed oppessive peope. Green Beret motto, Oppess the oppesser.

Read the Code of Conduct, GTA 21-30-010
January 30th, 2005  
Charge 7

The Green Beret motto is "De Oppresso Liber" or "Free the Oppressed"
January 30th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Of course the US would help New Zealand, and so too would the strongly linked western nations. The USA is the bastion of western power and all things directly spawned from it (democracy), and it is her duty to protect it whenever it is threatened. It is the natural role of the strongest.

Power corrupts, as they say, and I'm afraid some people believe this to be an ultimate truth.
January 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
tony blair will be gone by the next election, lol regime change huh?
Actually, Blair is quite likely to retain power.
January 30th, 2005  
pcfab

Topic: opinin on war in iraq

To irIonface: i'm often disgusted by liberal weakminded people like you. Sadaam's regime was brutal and oppressive to his people.
Our people stepped in and gave the Iraqies freedom, not to mention lower gas prices in our country. In my opinion, we're doing nothing wrong. To hell with the U.N. We are the strongest nation in the world If we say its a legal war its legal!