Your opinion about war on Iraq? - Page 10

--
Boots

January 31st, 2005  
Charge 7

"and just so you know i'm not blowing smoke...kiwi's in afghanistan"

How does _their_ service have a damn thing to do with _your_ comments?

Picture looks far more like New Zealand to me than Afghanistan anyway. Would certainly seem so seeing as you pulled it from your NZ flag site.
January 31st, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
"and just so you know i'm not blowing smoke...kiwi's in afghanistan"

How does _their_ service have a damn thing to do with _your_ comments?
more to the point earlier in this thread about america being all on it's own against global terrorism
January 31st, 2005  
gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Gingerbread: The amount of false information and belligerent anti-american comments in that post are far too dense for me to possibly wage through seriously, thus, I will say two things:

The bathist regime in Iraq was actively murdering, torturing, and raping it's citizens, if you deny this, you will not be taken seriously here.

We didn't do it just so the Iraqis could be free, no way, we did it so the bathist regime could not pose a threat to us, or aid our enemies. If you had any slightest knowledge on economics you'd know the oil theory is complete nonesense. Now you could say Americans, even some in leadership positions may have profiteered off the war, that's a fair debate. But the thesis that the USA started a war to merely secure oil is absurd, the loss far outweighs the gains, wise up.

One last thing, towards the topic in general: I read lots of "well why don't you go attack..."insert bad nation here"

I'll tell you the reason why Iraq was deemed more of a threat, it was because of Islamic fascism, you know the guarilla sabotage factions as "terrorist". Should terrorist aquire WMD, they could cause tremendous damage. Not only that, but by securing a place like Iraq as a peaceful, free loving society it could better ward off fundamentalist factions. As freedom would hopefully spread throughout the middle-east, thus causing a tolerant, free, prosperous region. Islamic fascism would die.

We're not only hunting a man, or a group- we're hunting an idealogy of hate.
i am sorry, but u got anything to prove it is false? is it because that u cannot find any justification to proof US is actually doing the right thing? i am not against US but u got to know each country's real motive is for profit. i am just against the war and US making an excuse saying its for the gd of iraqis while it is messing it up, if saddam was still in place, iraq wouldnt such a mess, again US predicted wrongly.

so does the US, when US have WMD, it cause tremedous damage too, more than any country int he world.

in fact, there was no insurgents, US is teh insurgents, and US cause the islam jihad to start, US created the so call terrorist. great, now u have just put ur foot in it and cant take it out cos its like a fight to the death now, u know islam resistance fighters are dam determined due to their religion.

one thing about US said about the middle east are terrorists, which is a very stupid thing to say, u have just cause people who were not orginally in the fight and US jsut drag into it be critizing the middle east.

its logic here, and its simple, the logic is i go into a 3rd world country to remove WMD. hum?? does that make sense to u? that's waht the US excuse is. if this is truely what US believes, it could of waited for the UN result, iraq have no gathering threat or immediate threat at all, no one mention iraq until US accuse it has WMD.

the oil threoy is real, how the heck US would of thought Iraq is such a diffcult thing to handle? if US thought it would be like this, US wouldnt of went into iraq. same goes to oil, they thought they could use the oil to pay for the war, now the plan has backfired and the US uses the excuse that it is not possible for US to use the oil since they have bombed it and not enough to pay for the war, but the iraqi resistance fighter bomb their plants making them useless, the US thought it could control iraq, that means it could control the oil as control means control the country where there is no disaster like it is presently now. control means no resistance fighters are bombing their own oil plants. do u really think iraqi want to bomb their own oil plants? if the oil is given to the iraqis i am sure the iraqi would not bomb their own plant. and i am sure the iraqis would know more than anyone here what the US and UK are doing. no one is driven to war by ignorence, and no one is deterred from it if they think they can gain something from it. and honestly, do u think the US would need that much more cash the more men to handle iraq? no, that's why they said they are going to pull out, same goes to the oil theroy, they thought they could control iraq, but predicted very wrongly.

again, all the terrorist theory is all assumed by the US gov and US press, so what prove do u have? dun give me a CNN article, all news are bias.

the US could control their medai to a certain extent, dun tell me they never hide losses in war. even the UK has done it. i remember buying a newspaper about the battle of the somme, they said it was a success. and Dunkirk too.

the iraqi regime only tortured etc... to separatists, again dun tell me russians didnt do that do chenchya, u can find videos of them torturing those spearatists. why dun US say something to russia? simply US know russia is stong and not to the interest of the US. do u want me to show u some vidoes about russian soldiers torturing them? its sick but u know waht i mean.

US also hide some japanese war criminals of the Unit 731 biological warfare unit, because the information is valuble due to the fac tthat they did it on live humans on POWs and citizens, US took the information and because they want to make a low profile of it, they didnt tried the unit 731 criminals. so u think US its really working for the gd of the whole human race?? again i told u, every country works for self interest and profit.

again, it is not right to enter a country and occupy it just because u dun like it or u want something from it, killing its people is wrong enough, iraq posed no threat to anyone after 1991, it simply cant, the embargo destroyed iraq's economies, the US soldiers know very well when they were fighting iraq troops recently and in 1991. and i think u would too.

i pity all teh people who died because of US greed for oil.
--
Boots
January 31st, 2005  
03USMC

No body is talking about the troops commited to Afghanistan. Totally different scenerio. They want a piece of the process in that zone fine.

But don't think you deserve a piece of Iraq or the process there solely based on deploying a couple companies to Khandaher.
January 31st, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
No body is talking about the troops commited to Afghanistan. Totally different scenerio. They want a piece of the process in that zone fine.

But don't think you deserve a piece of Iraq or the process there solely based on deploying a couple companies to Khandaher.
lol nice to see you're not taking it personal or anything!
actually the NZ govt. sent a small unit of army engineers to rebuild schools, sanitation etc in basrah.

How many people in the Light Engineer Group?
The Light Engineer Group consists of 61 military personnel from the New Zealand Army and Royal New Zealand Navy, comprising of four staff officers, 40 engineers and 16 logistical support staff.

How long is the deployment intended for?
The deployment of a Light Engineer Group is intended to be maintained for 12 months, personnel being rotated at 6 months.

Why contribute a Light Engineer Group?
UN Security Council Resolution 1483 made it clear that the UN has a vital role to play in the post-war period. It appealed to UN member states to assist the people of Iraq in their efforts to rebuild their country and to contribute to conditions of stability and security in Iraq. Under Resolution 1483, NZ can make a useful contribution without in any way becoming an occupying power.

As the current situation in Iraq shows, there is an urgent need for the kind of civil reconstruction and support that New Zealand can offer.
http://www.army.mil.nz/?CHANNEL=OPER...Iraq+-+UNMOVIC

~and~

Though he doesn't know what his day-to-day job will be, it's definitely not a desk job.

"I think I will be helping to set up a framework for elections and stabilisation for the country. If the security situation allows, I will be getting out and talking to elders in the community - the equivalent of our councils - the seniors in the administration of the area, the leaders."

Though the distinctive culture of the New Zealand Army may be difficult for one man to introduce to Iraq, Major Kaihau has "lots of mates" in the country.

New Zealand soldiers have been quitting the Army and taking up private contracting jobs in Iraq, lured by big money that will set them up for life.

He expects to meet people he knows from the Army in both Baghdad and to the north, and says his attitude is one of "good on them".

"It's dangerous stuff . . . a high-risk investment. People are looking at it as an opportunity to make some money. Make hay while the sunshines, if you like. The Army has an open-door policy for those guys. If they want to come back, we'll take them back."

Major Kaihau, who will be promoted to lieutenant colonel when he takes up his new role, has had other deployments. He was in Bosnia in 1995 with the last rotation of the Kiwi company. He has also been on a demining mission to Laos.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3147927a11,00.html
January 31st, 2005  
ironface

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime
Quote:
tell me about what is your notion of chinese communist?
A chinese that is a supporter and is/might be a member of a Communist party. 8)
and chinese communist is wicked? have you make some deals with
chinese communist?I am not a member of chinese communist
or I support him,what I support is,China. Actrually,in most cases
the goverment is doing the thing people want.
January 31st, 2005  
rOk

OK the elections appear to be a success (good job on the part of the allies), however there's still insecurity looming in the air because the Sunni's boycotted the elections.
How do you think that this will be solved?
January 31st, 2005  
Whispering Death

Actually I think this shows a massive weakness in the insurgentcy. They promised that the streets "would run red with the blood of voters" but in actuallity it was just comperable to a normal 'bad day' in Iraq, certainly not the red letter day it should have been.

I think the insurgentcy is on the downhill slope to the end now.
January 31st, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: let me think on this

This war has been taken beyond stupidness. What was once started out to be a protectoin to 3 oil rigs has outraged to a WMD hunt (which they knew wasn't any) then not a clear up but a constent hunt and savage blood war!

People, honest people are dying for nothing apart for 1 leaders greed to make a claim to IRAQ.

I see no good coming out of this and its a waste on money, this could of been settled along time ago but yet still plays on!!
January 31st, 2005  
Whispering Death

Wow that was inflamatory, but it does give me comfort that your opinion is worth less than the air it takes to speak it.

Bush got his 2nd term, Blair will win re-election, and Iraq will eventually be pacified.