Was was your least favorite duty station? - Page 2

--
Boots

June 12th, 2004  
VEK

you guys should see Northern Ireland....pipe bombs EVERYDAY.....militants always trying to snipe you.....*shudders*...and you're trying to help the locals and they f***in spit on you! glad i'm not going back there, EVER again.
June 12th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEK
you guys should see Northern Ireland....pipe bombs EVERYDAY.....militants always trying to snipe you.....*shudders*...and you're trying to help the locals and they f***in spit on you! glad i'm not going back there, EVER again.
And just who were you with? I've seen Northern Ireland, lived there for some time .. your statement rings of exaggeration.
June 12th, 2004  
VEK

not me, but i visited a soldier friend there one year.......during some march.(right on the border)
--
Boots
June 21st, 2004  
AmericanGirl

Naval and Marine Reserve Center Los Angeles.
July 8th, 2004  
Sgt Lou

Topic: I've had a few

I've had quite a few ones that I didn't enjoy, but my least favorite is. . . . 29 Palms California. . . . Humping a pack in 115 degree dry heat . . . that's friendly conditions.
July 27th, 2004  
sgtbreeden

This is a trick question. Your favorite station is always the one you just left or the one you are getting ready to go to. your least favorite is always the one you are at. I really don't have a least favorite but the one that sucked the most was Ft. Irwin California I was only there for an NTC rotation with the 82nd. So as you know the 82nd doesn't use tanks so we walked a long way while there. every mission was just a couple of miles down the road. Yeah right I don't think we walked to a single mission that was less than 10 miles down the road. Doesn't sound that far but walk it carrying your 80 pound plus ruck sack on your back and also your weapon and usually an AT weapon of some sort. BE it the AT-4 or the Javelin or something handy like that.
October 9th, 2005  
Topgunjn1

My least favorite post would have to be KAF (Kandahar Air Field)