your hometown

I'm from ATLANTA, GEORGIA, USA!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.... hehe. I love it here.

I was born here!! I'm one of the few Atlantans that lives here that was actually born here.

Just about everyone in the world knows my city. The Home of Coca-Cola and Home Depot, and the place of the infamous 1996 Olympics.

The only Olympic event I saw in person was the womens Marathon.... It was free, of course... But it was cool to watch!

Ummm........ I could go on and on all day about da ATL, but honestly I'm tired right now.......lol

I live in Wolverton, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain.
Wolverton is an old town that is home to a now greatly reduced railway works that used to service the Royal Train.

We are on the edge of the new city of Milton Keynes (the fastest growing city/town in Europe), and not far from the border with Northamptonshire.

We are about 50 miles from the centre of London, as the crow flies.

The town sprung up around the Railway Works in the Victorian period and grew during the Edwardian period.
The vast majority of houses are well over 100 years old, mainly in long terraces set out in a grid formation close to the Works.

Our one (ex) resident of fame was Albert French.
Albert joined the Army at the age of 16 to fight in the Great War. He was killed in action on the 15 June 1916, a week short of his 17th birthday.
Albert has been the subject of a number of TV and radio documentries over the years.
He is buried in Belgium, and I have been to his grave.

I've only lived here for just over a year, before that I spent about 8 years living in Milton Keynes. Before that I lived in Cople, a little village in Bedfordshire, before that in North London and I was born in Wallingford in the Royal County of Berkshire.

My hometown in Buckhorn New Mexico. It is 35 miles east of Silver City, NM. It is a very small town, in my senior class there were 35 kids and in my whole school K-12 there were around 350 kids. There is quite a bit of farming and ranching. We have one gas station and two convience stores, so if someone needs something major they have to go to SIlver City to get it.

thebrahmagr81 said:
My hometown in Buckhorn New Mexico. It is 35 miles east of Silver City, NM. It is a very small town, in my senior class there were 35 kids and in my whole school K-12 there were around 350 kids. There is quite a bit of farming and ranching. We have one gas station and two convience stores, so if someone needs something major they have to go to SIlver City to get it.

Wow sounds like one of those films... Have you seen that one.. what was its title... uh... those giant worms crawling underground and eating people around a gas station in the middle of nowhere... one climbed up an electricity pole not to be caught and died there... remember ?

Wellll... my hometown is the beautiful Charleston, South Carolina. I absolutely love it here. I've moved away twice (once to Hawaii and the other was for college) but I came back both times. Charleston is wonderful... great night life.. plantations... decent beaches (crappy waves though). Downtown is beautiful. The historic multi-million dollar houses are located there. My morning run is a ten minute drive from my house. Its a 3 mile run along what we Charlestonians like to call the battery. Its along the waterfront with the water and the sunrise on one side and historic beautiful houses on the other side. Wow, I feel like a travel agent or something..

My hometown is Langley, B.C., Canada. Not a whole lot to tell about it, except that it's a suburb of Vancouver. It's your typical suburban municipality. I like it. I live in a sub-devision called walnut grove. It was actually vote second-best place to live in Canada. It's great. I like it. Everyone knows everyone.

Im from Avilla, Arkansas. Some maps have us on em and some dont lol. Its the kind of place that we have a Benton phone number, Alexander address, Bryant school district, soon to get Salem water, yet we are Avilla :)

Its nice and quiet here and the nearest neighbor is a bunch of tree's. Some mornings we can kill deer in our front yard, but its nice to see them all the time. Squirrels and rabbits tease the hunting dogs and the horses always have nice green grass.

P.S. Wooo Pig Sooie! ;)

my town

well i live in a small town called The Dalles it is locate in the state of Oregon 84 miles east of Portland on the Columbia River,it's population of little over 12,000 people,it's history it is one of the oldest towns in the states history was the county seat for the Oregon Territory,it's were the Settlers had make a choice wether to float the river down stream or go over Mt. Hood.

Re: my town

miller69 said:
well i live in a small town called The Dalles it is locate in the state of Oregon 84 miles east of Portland on the Columbia River,it's population of little over 12,000 people,it's history it is one of the oldest towns in the states history was the county seat for the Oregon Territory,it's were the Settlers had make a choice wether to float the river down stream or go over Mt. Hood.

hun... 12,000 people isnt a small town.

CrazyCadet142 said:

But I live in Salisbury. Well Granite Quarry, but they are connected.
Salisbury is the founder of Cheerwine, and awesome drink! Just a little taste of home i like to say, especially since around here its $.35 for a can and $0.99 for 2 liters. (everyone else is in the $2.50 range. :shock:

I have a Couple of friends from Salisbury NC. Cheerwine is all they could talk about too.

Any way I was born in South Carolina but only lived there the first 2 weeks of my life so I can't really tell about that. The place i consider my home town would be Buena Vista VA. I haven't lived there in years I now live in Kansas. Well Buena Vista is a quiet typical country town (if you've seen one you've seen them all). Population is around 5,000 now, we had the general store and a Hardees. There is a women only horse riding college there (not sure why you need college to ride a horse but the view was nice). The whole town supported the high school football team (witch was so small they had players from the 7th grade and up just to make a team). There was the typical rivalry with the school in the city next to us (Rockbridge County High School). Like I said if you have seen one small town you have seen them all. The biggest thing in the town right now is the new flood wall they built about 5 years ago.

I was born in Dresden, Germany (which will be 800 years old in 2006 :shock: ). Now I live in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

The first inhabitants of the land were Paleo Indians in 9,000 B.C. (like any of you wanted to know that ;)). The first American settlers in Sterling Hts. arrived as captives of the Chippewa Indians following the end of the Revolutionary War. After some escaped and others were freed by ransom payment from German missionaries, the settlers eventually built cabins along the Clinton River. The city started to grow during World War II when weapons and car manufacturers built plants in Sterling Township (now Sterling Heights).

Sterling Heights ranks as the ninth safest city in the United States and the safest city in Michigan based on F.B.I. statistics

STERLING HEIGHTS' POPULATION GROWTH
1960 - 14,622
1970 - 61,365
1980 - 108,999
1990 - 117,810
2000 - 124,471
2003 - 132,000

Ok,
I was born in Weiden, a smal city with 45,000 cititzens. Its in the east of Bavaria, in the near of the bavarian forest. its about 760 Years old, but that is nothing special in that area....
its a nice, quiet, cosy city. Ok it can get boring sometimes, but its only 80km away from Regensburg. It was first mentioned in a manuscript from 1241. Around Weiden are villages and large forests. Ok....large for Germany ;).
I left the city in 2000, when i joined the army. Now i live in Munic, but i think there is no need to describe Munic....

Back