Your First Day Of School

I need 24 credits too. I'll be able to graduate by the end of my junior year, but i'll stick around for 12th grade. I'm a fresman 8)

Mark Conley said:
from what i have observed of american schools over the past few years from the graduates of such institutions..

school doth not suck..it bloweths... :D

High School doth be thy besteth or thy worsteth years of thy life.

Yea, Im required to take at least English and Religion Senior year, but Im gonna stack myself with collage level courses so I'll be able to finish Freshman year before I get there :D

For "NC Scholars Program Requirements" I must have 24, otherwise 22 credits.

On the College/University Prep pathway.

Hmm my schedule this year:

Spanish I (4.0)
Honors Chem (5.0)
Civics/Econ (required) (4.0)
Percussion/Small Ensemble (4.0)
Honors Alg. II (5.0)
Honors Eng II (5.0)
Aerobics. (4.0)

According to the "High School Guidebook" Next year will be:
1. AP Physics (Probably AP Environmental Science the senior year) (6.0)
2. Pre Cal - (5.0)
3. Spanish II (4.0) (Looks like no AP SPanish for me :-/, I have a friend whos a junior in AP Spanish, he was so good in 8th grade he took Spanish I)
4. AP US History (6.0) (AP European probably Senior)
5. Honors English III (5.0)

Anyone know if I can double up any sciences or maths anywhere? I wanna get my GPA up, but I"m not sure about the whole time issue. Ew.

Crazy, watch out for that AP Euro Hist class, Im taking it now, and it's a *****, but you can get up to 6 collage credits for passing :D

GuyontheRight said:
Crazy, watch out for that AP Euro Hist class, Im taking it now, and it's a b**ch, but you can get up to 6 collage credits for passing :D

Hehe, they decided not to let soph.s take it at my school. Good thing tho, I would probably be failing. My grades went to hell for some reason, but I'm gonna start workin my butt off.

Yea, we only have 15 members In the class, all Sophmores, and we get are asses worked. Hnrs Chem though, your brave. I hear Chem is hard enough as It is, and I dont have the math grades to even get me In consideration for Hnrs.

I had an AP History class last year, it was one of the few classes i actually passed with an "A" which is a very rare grade for me, i guess i just know my history, it is my favorite subject, next to lunch if that counts.

I only need 22.5 credits to graduate, then it is off to Basic.

I'm taking Latin at a college, which doubles my credit, therefore allowing me to conceivably graduate with 12 years of high school language. :lol:

WSPA has the block courses (meaning taking a year of one course in one semester) So i'm going to finish high school with minimal 7 years maybe 8 years of math crammed into my head in those four short years. :D

Darkmb101 said:
I need 24 credits too. I'll be able to graduate by the end of my junior year, but i'll stick around for 12th grade. I'm a fresman 8)

Dude, how do you get 24 credits? We only need 22.5 to graduate over here.

For my school, 22 for a "standard" diploma(minimum to graduate) and 24+ for an "advanced" diploma. Right now I'm on track for a 23 cred. I won't tell the story.

Skinny said:
Darkmb101 said:

Dude, how do you get 24 credits? We only need 22.5 to graduate over here.

I'll give you a schedule of my high school years. Marching band .5, Honors Lit. 1, Symphonic Band 1, Football .5, Spanish2 1, Biology 1, Honors Geo 1, Honors World History 1, Swimming .5, Jazz Band .5 : that totals to 8 credits mulitiplied by 3 equals 24 8)

FutureRANGER said:
We need 200 credits to graduate over here.... Perhaps this is on a different scale.

Technically its 240.0 credits, but move the decimal to the left one digit and Bam 24 credits

we get .5 for marching band also. Why did you multiply your credits times 3?

You only get one credit for your honors classes? I'm really confused.

How do you figure out how many credits you get?

Heres the deal with my school, and most schools In MD, although Im Private. Classes are either 1 or .5 credits, never more, with people ussually taking 6-7 credits a year, which gives you 24-28 credits when its all done. However In AP classes you can get a number of collage credits depending On how the collage see's fit.

GuyontheRight said:
.5 credits for football, explain that?

eh. all p.e classes are .5 credits; im not on the varsity team so i dont have to practice every day for 3 hr.

crazycadet142 said:
Why did you multiply your credits times 3?

You only get one credit for your honors classes? I'm really confused.
All the classes at my school are either 1 or .5 credits, but the grades are weighted depending on the difficulty of the class. Im going to take about 8 credits per year, so by the end of my junior year i'll have enough credits to graduate. 8 credits X 3years (9,10,11gr) = 24 credits.

Mod Edit: Fixed your quote for ya! ~JES

Back