Your Feelings on Ricky Williams "early" retirement

Duty Honor Country

If you do not know about Ricky Williams, he was a running back for the Miami Dolphins. After last season, he tested positive for marijuana for the third time. NFL rules stated he would have to sit out the entire 04-05 season. Instead of taking the punnishment, he retired citing he wanted to travel and see the world. The Dolphins just said he's going to have to pay back $8.6 million in bonus money becuase of a breach of contract.

I think he is a great football player, but I also think he is a fool. He has a job playing a sport and making millions every year. He is throwing it all away because he cannot stop smoking weed.

I think he is smart.So many guys play and only retire when they get badly hurt or older players retire and have after effects from playing. He is still young, relativly injury free and has much cash to spend.

i think acts stupid becuase he smokes pot, but at teh same time, he made teh right choice of leaving teh NFL

I think he is a no good pot junkie and only retired because he was more intested in smokin pot than playin football. He did it wrong, and let his team down. They were countin on him and he threw this in their face just before the season was about to begin.

In one way, I feel sorry for the guy because he's had a history of mental issues (some type of social anxiety disorder or something). So, there might be more under the radar.

In another way, he completely let his teammates down. If you plan on doing this, you give your team more time to prepare for your departure. He didn't and that team's offense is a mess.

In the end, I think he made a mistake, but I'm not in his life.

Did anyone see that Williams is trying to get back in the NFL. I guess after the Dolfins took back the bomus money, Williams was left with little money.

How pethitic. The dolfins should not take him back!!

Unbelievable how professional athletes make more in one game than most of us will see in 10 years, yet they never have enough sense to save any of it!!

For all you Ricky fans, he might be back but as a Raider. There is a possible deal now between him, Dolphins and Raiders. Would you want him?

Sooners1 said:
For all you Ricky fans, he might be back but as a Raider. There is a possible deal now between him, Dolphins and Raiders. Would you want him?

I don't like him, but I like the raiders, so that is good to hear.

Darkmb101 said:
i think acts stupid becuase he smokes pot, but at teh same time, he made teh right choice of leaving teh NFL

"Teh?" Anyway, He should have sat out the season and done some rehab or something. He definitely shouldn't have screwed himself out of 8 million green!

William's lawyer met with NFL officials today to discuss the situation

Attorney: Williams retired over disagreement with NFL

By John Nadel, The Associated Press
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Ricky Williams abruptly retired from the Miami Dolphins last summer because he disagreed with the NFL over a disputed drug test. Williams now wants to play again.

Attorney David Cornwell said Thursday the league "took a position regarding that test that we thought was inappropriate. What we challenged was the testing and the specimen from last December's testing," Cornwell said after a 90-minute meeting with two NFL officials and a union representative aimed at resuming the star running back's career...

READ MORE

Back