Your Favorite Saying (from a Commander, Supervisor etc..)

Rotty261

I had this one flight chief, prior Marine, that would be briefing the flight on the days pass-ons etc. Well right before it was time to start work he would ask if anyone was feeling SICK, LAME, or LAZY..
I don't know why but that has always cracked me up.. :lol: [/u][/b]

well, my grandfather was in the british army during WWII and later became a LTC in the IDF, and anything he says is my favorit. He uses such classics as:

"Whats diffecult we will do now, the impossible we can keep for later on"-common respons to the clame that somthing is diffecult.

"When I was staioned in malta"/"When I was in the western desert"- Always the bugining of a good story.

"In hungary"-Also the bugining of a good tale.

"Im not hungry, but I could eat"/"Im not tired, but I could sleep"-Nothing is urgent, always calm and polite.

"Why are you such a goofy cadet?" - Drill Sergeant B. (everything we did was "goofy," but he had a way of saying it that even a word like goofy sounded scary :lol: )

"A small is basically the same as a medium, and we're all out of larges." -our civilian supply guy issuing me my PTs (yes, I look like a French byciclist in the mornings) Not exactly a saying, but it did turn me into a running (literally :lol: ) joke.

"Listen up listen up listen up listen up listen up, alright, listen up listen up........."- our supply sergeant uses this to open for anything important he has to say, and it can go on for several minutes, no lie. I believe it lasted for upwards of three minutes after he caught one female cadet who had taken a wire brush to the bolt carrier assembly of the borrowed M4A1 she had been cleaning and somehow removed every speck of bluing. Now THAT is dedication. :lol:

"Keep your head up. I'm not going to march you off a cliff" - C/WOI (ret'd) Daniel Graham, Former Sqn. Com., 154 RCAirCS.

While watching a rock drill our ex brigade commander makes sure his young officers know their P's and Q's.

LT: Were going to link up with the MP's for a crossing to MSR Cheyenne here...then um...were going to get fuel at the um...point in here by the um (shuffles through paperwork) I believe the Trans guys. Then um..."

COL: Yea son well thats all fine and dandy...but hows my people gonna get sh** paper?

LT: (blank stare for a sec) um...I'll get back with you on that sir.

"COL" was the type of leader you'd follow to hell because you knew he had a plan to get back.

'Sappers doesn't believe in God. We believe in Murphy's laws, instead.', from a First Sergeant in the Engineers Academy

'You have the memory of a fish! Three seconds and you've forgotten everything I said!", from a Sergeant in the Engineers Academy.

This is me sorting out a cadet for not pressing his dress shirt:

Me: "Cadet, why did you not iron your dress shirt, you've been in for about a year now, you should know this by now."

Cadet: "Well Fsgt, you can't see the dress shirt under the tunic"

Me: "Well, you wipe your a** and you can't see that under your pants right?"

That's some grade A sorting right there.

Supposedly this is one of my friend's favorite sayings. he's a MP in Iraq right now.

" Tyler you're sucking the life out of me man" supposedly he says this a few times a shift to certain people.

or at least until you inform him that, that doesn't help to motivate you.

"Cho peoples es de sorryestas cuses for Marines. I eber p*ckin seed." Plt Sgt. 1985

That's a godd**n M60 machinegun Sh*thead. 4 TO 6 round bursts! Ain't ya ever seen a 60? What are you a freakin WM?
Machine Gun section leader to a boot gunner.

"Ain't nobody said ya had to like it. I just said ya had to do it. Whistle d*ck."
Company Gunny sending a salty Lcpl (me) to mess duty.

"My Names Gunny and I'm a BAAAAAAAD Mutha :cen: "
Wpns Company Gunny 2/1 who also said.
"HeavyGuns! HeavyGuns! Where are them da*n non hackers from Heavy Guns!" everyday for six months on Westpac.

I like your....

Somewhere in a norwegian wood late october 1996:

2nd lt: I like your big brown eyes but that does not entitle you to sleep in a tent tonight, corporal.

Cpl: Well do you think I give up my nice wet foxhole for sharing tent with you? I already have a hard-on for tonight.

2nd lt: You sick bastard, you're sicker than me. I no longer like your brown eyes.

Cpl: Thank you 2nd lt, I guess I made it on your shit list?

2nd lt: More on my CS gas list for the night - dismissed.

"A top is toy that spins around on a flat surface. I am a First Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps!!!!!! "
1st Sgt Hq Co. 1st Marine Regiment

"Sorry First Sergeant"
Intimated PFC (ME). :oops:

I'm a civi so I obvisouly don't have a CO to qoute, but we Rednecks down south get chewed out royally from our bosses. So here's a few:
" You wouldn't know how to tell your a$$ from a hole in the sand!"
" I swear you don't even know how to piss a hole in the snow!"
oh and for those of you who are wondering, rednecks have good comebacks, well when we're not drunk. lol
"I guess it's true about what they say about bosses."
"hmmm"
"when you spell boss backwards, it leaves you with double SOB!"

lol, be sure you have a good plan to get your boss so trashed after that, that they don't remember you saying it, by the next morning. Well at least if you want to keep your job.

The Sergeant-Major on my Junior Leader's Course used to chew us out without cursing...unless he got really angry.

"You dozey swine! You horrible, horrible lttle man! What are you trying to do to me?" (watching some very poorly executed drill)

"You two village idiots are on your way to jail!" (directed at me and Danberg for poorly executed drill)

Directed at some young officers who were slacking their drill:
"Until you two gentlemen put half the effort into your marching that my men are, I respectfully request you kindly get your [posteriors] off my parade square!"

When a Franco student started giving drill to all of us in French:
"What the h*ll was that?!? I only speak two languages: English -- and profane!"

We also had one student who had an arm abnormality -- his elbows would not straighten...he had a permanent 15-degree kink in them. It used to drive the DI's bats. This was heard on our grad parade dress rehearsal:
SSM: "You! You dozey swine! Straighten those arms!"
Poor SOB: "They don't straighten any futher, Sir!"
SSM: "Course Sergeant! Break that man's elbows and re-set them!"

Ah, the memories...

J.

"You have excellent potential to become an average officer."

What the hell is that?!
:lol: :lol:

Officer at encampment: "Cadet, why won't you just grow up?"
me (an airman): "With all due respect, sir, I don't want to end up like you." (He was p :cen: ed, but he couldn't do anything because we were in civvies and the encampment commander told him to let it go :D )

"Ball choppers" (said to cadets during drill to see if they keep a straight face, works 97% of the time)

"I have no intentions of becoming just another officer, sir" (NCO academy when asked when we planned on becoming CAP cadet officers)

My Sgt always has a few sayings that we get a kick out of, these are just a few.....
" It's not my fault I'm crazy, I was born this way"
" The war is coming"
" The life is tough" (this one is always oozing with sarcasm)
" It's not normal to be ugly at your age. Me, it's normal I have this kind of face, I've been hit in my face with an Easton bat"

Don't let your battleship mouth overload your rowboat ass!

Shit (talk) like that can make your lips hurt boy!

Ex boss: You need to show me a little respect! (also a good friend)
Me: I already show you as little as possible.

I have to say, no matter what arguement the military or civilians make about being "An Army Of One" is Patton's quote:

"An Army is a team, it lives together, trains together and fights together. All this indivduality stuff is a bunch of bullshit" --Gen. Patton

Back