Your Favorite Saying (from a Commander, Supervisor etc..)

June 4th, 2004  

Topic: Your Favorite Saying (from a Commander, Supervisor etc..)

I had this one flight chief, prior Marine, that would be briefing the flight on the days pass-ons etc. Well right before it was time to start work he would ask if anyone was feeling SICK, LAME, or LAZY..
I don't know why but that has always cracked me up.. [/u][/b]
June 4th, 2004  
well, my grandfather was in the british army during WWII and later became a LTC in the IDF, and anything he says is my favorit. He uses such classics as:

"Whats diffecult we will do now, the impossible we can keep for later on"-common respons to the clame that somthing is diffecult.

"When I was staioned in malta"/"When I was in the western desert"- Always the bugining of a good story.

"In hungary"-Also the bugining of a good tale.

"Im not hungry, but I could eat"/"Im not tired, but I could sleep"-Nothing is urgent, always calm and polite.
June 4th, 2004  
"Why are you such a goofy cadet?" - Drill Sergeant B. (everything we did was "goofy," but he had a way of saying it that even a word like goofy sounded scary )

"A small is basically the same as a medium, and we're all out of larges." -our civilian supply guy issuing me my PTs (yes, I look like a French byciclist in the mornings) Not exactly a saying, but it did turn me into a running (literally ) joke.

"Listen up listen up listen up listen up listen up, alright, listen up listen up........."- our supply sergeant uses this to open for anything important he has to say, and it can go on for several minutes, no lie. I believe it lasted for upwards of three minutes after he caught one female cadet who had taken a wire brush to the bolt carrier assembly of the borrowed M4A1 she had been cleaning and somehow removed every speck of bluing. Now THAT is dedication.
June 4th, 2004  
Yes, well, thats just a bit toomuch!!!!

SORRY, I should have known better.....
June 4th, 2004  
"Keep your head up. I'm not going to march you off a cliff" - C/WOI (ret'd) Daniel Graham, Former Sqn. Com., 154 RCAirCS.
June 9th, 2004  
While watching a rock drill our ex brigade commander makes sure his young officers know their P's and Q's.

LT: Were going to link up with the MP's for a crossing to MSR Cheyenne here...then um...were going to get fuel at the um...point in here by the um (shuffles through paperwork) I believe the Trans guys. Then um..."

COL: Yea son well thats all fine and dandy...but hows my people gonna get sh** paper?

LT: (blank stare for a sec) um...I'll get back with you on that sir.

"COL" was the type of leader you'd follow to hell because you knew he had a plan to get back.
June 9th, 2004  
'Sappers doesn't believe in God. We believe in Murphy's laws, instead.', from a First Sergeant in the Engineers Academy

'You have the memory of a fish! Three seconds and you've forgotten everything I said!", from a Sergeant in the Engineers Academy.
August 28th, 2004  
This is me sorting out a cadet for not pressing his dress shirt:

Me: "Cadet, why did you not iron your dress shirt, you've been in for about a year now, you should know this by now."

Cadet: "Well Fsgt, you can't see the dress shirt under the tunic"

Me: "Well, you wipe your a** and you can't see that under your pants right?"

That's some grade A sorting right there.
September 21st, 2004  
Supposedly this is one of my friend's favorite sayings. he's a MP in Iraq right now.

" Tyler you're sucking the life out of me man" supposedly he says this a few times a shift to certain people.

or at least until you inform him that, that doesn't help to motivate you.
September 21st, 2004  
"Cho peoples es de sorryestas cuses for Marines. I eber p*ckin seed." Plt Sgt. 1985

That's a godd**n M60 machinegun Sh*thead. 4 TO 6 round bursts! Ain't ya ever seen a 60? What are you a freakin WM?
Machine Gun section leader to a boot gunner.

"Ain't nobody said ya had to like it. I just said ya had to do it. Whistle d*ck."
Company Gunny sending a salty Lcpl (me) to mess duty.

"My Names Gunny and I'm a BAAAAAAAD Mutha "
Wpns Company Gunny 2/1 who also said.
"HeavyGuns! HeavyGuns! Where are them da*n non hackers from Heavy Guns!" everyday for six months on Westpac.