Your Favorite Military TV series?

I've never even heard of "Tour of Duty." I just looked it up on Amazon. How accurate/realistic is it? If it does a reasonable, "unhollywoodized" job of protraying the war, I'll have to pick it up.

Tales of the Gun, Futureweapons and a few of the above mentioned are among my favorites. By the way, History Channel is running Band of Brothers this week.

Last edited:
:salute2:
DefiantCdr said:
Stargate SG-1 and (don't know if it counts, but) Battlestar Gallactica (the new one mostly)
of course Stargate fits, its sci-fi but military so i say Good!

Mash, JAG, NCIS, The Unit, A-Team, Stargate.:army:

JAG, NCIS, The Unit, Band of Brothers, and Hogan's Heroes. I was disappointed that NBC canceled E-Ring. I thought that was a pretty good show.

Favorite Military TV series?

I loved watching 'The Rat Patrol' when I was a little girl, but 'Mash' was good to watch too.

Since no one else has nominated it - F Troop

but my personal fav is McHales Navy followed by Hogan's hero's.

For serious military theme, Band of Brothers is great. BTW sequel episodes are being made in Australia so I've heard.

It Ain't Half Hot Mum - originally broadcast on the BBC from 1974 to 1981.

It was hilarious. One of the funniest British comedies since they started broadcasting them; and certainly the funniest of any UK military-comedy series. Only some of the older UK t.v. comedy series (from late 1950s to early 1970s) such as Hancock's Half Hour and Steptoe & Son are comparable.

Last edited:
Back