Your country's Helmets - Page 4

--

May 23rd, 2005  
sleepyscout

The advanced combat helmet will replace the current combat helmet for the U.S. army and is currently being fielded to all troops leaving for OIF or OEF. It is part of the RFI gear all soliders receive.
http://www.olive-drab.com/od_soldier...ach_helmet.php
and yes it is the shit no more kpot ridding down your head when your driving with nvg's
May 23rd, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

I like the existing helmet, this just look uncomfortable.
May 23rd, 2005  
Themrose89

umm... they all look more or less the same.
--
May 23rd, 2005  
cpl_clarke

I couldnt find a very good picture. Sorry guys
May 24th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyscout
The advanced combat helmet will replace the current combat helmet for the U.S. army and is currently being fielded to all troops leaving for OIF or OEF. It is part of the RFI gear all soliders receive.
http://www.olive-drab.com/od_soldier...ach_helmet.php
and yes it is the shit no more kpot ridding down your head when your driving with nvg's
I be one of those soldiers my freind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
I like the existing helmet, this just look uncomfortable.
If you are talking about the old US Kevlar vs the new one you are dead wrong. Right now I have both since I was just issued the new MITCH helmet. I just came out of the field and I have nothing bad to say about the new helmet.
June 17th, 2005  
queens_ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl_clarke

I couldnt find a very good picture. Sorry guys

June 18th, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Topic: Re: Your country's Helmets

The combat helmet of the Belgian Armed Forces:

The combat helmet of the Italian Armed Forces:

This is a Bersagliere. The only other soldiers with feathers on their helmets are the Alpini (a single blue feather).
June 18th, 2005  
Shadowalker

What do the feathers represent? is it historical?
June 19th, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowalker
What do the feathers represent? is it historical?
I think they're from the time when soldiers wore blue and red uniforms and didn't care about camouflage much. Not sure if they're meant to represent anything other than a means to identify Bersaglieri.
June 19th, 2005  
Shadowalker

That would make sense, bit like the bearskins worn by the guards, tho they dont wear them into battle anymore.
Would be amused seeing a soldier in full combat uniform yet with a bearskin on! would be fatal