Your country's Helmets

Damien said:
It's a Swiss army helmet! Get it? Swiss army knife... swiss army helmet... HA! um... haha... *cough*

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Nice one! It sure is multifunctional though. I heard there's a new model on it's way with integrated microwave and anti aircraft gun

iravadx.jpg

Iraq's helmet model "Darth Vader".

Now i know what was Saddam's favourite movie 8)

http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/iraq/iradarva.htm

Charge_7 said:
I saw on the news recently that the US kevlar helmet is about to be replaced with a lighter (6 llb) one that is just as protective if not more so. Sure hope so.

this is the one the 101st might get before Iraq.

img2.jpg

There is no more sweat band or webbing. There is foam pads like a baseball or motorcycle helmet.

I will let you know how it is when we get it. Those sweat bands have always made me mad. I think those coupled with MILES gear were the source of all my headaches in the field.

Damien said:
It's a Swiss army helmet! Get it? Swiss army knife... swiss army helmet... HA! um... haha... *cough*

Hm..
You're aware that Swiss are from Switzerland, and Swedes are from Sweden?? ;)

Here's a few pictures of the Norwegian Helmet:
http://www.mil.no/haren/2_bataljon/start/
It's similar to the Swedish helmet, so you can turn the cover inside-out and get a white winter camouflage helmet when you need that..

Charge 7 said:
Well it took about 90 years but it looks like we might actually have a comfortable helmet.

oh man does this helmet feel good. Without MILES gear, you can barely tell you are wearing the thing. Inside you have a series of 7 pads which you can adjust to your preference.

Anyone got any questions?

sleepyscout said:
The advanced combat helmet will replace the current combat helmet for the U.S. army and is currently being fielded to all troops leaving for OIF or OEF. It is part of the RFI gear all soliders receive.
http://www.olive-drab.com/od_soldiers_gear_ach_helmet.php
and yes it is the shit no more kpot ridding down your head when your driving with nvg's

I be one of those soldiers my freind

Sea_Cadet said:
I like the existing helmet, this just look uncomfortable.

If you are talking about the old US Kevlar vs the new one you are dead wrong. Right now I have both since I was just issued the new MITCH helmet. I just came out of the field and I have nothing bad to say about the new helmet.

The combat helmet of the Belgian Armed Forces:

MAG3.jpg
MAG6.jpg

F2000TIREUR.gif

FNC6.jpg

SOLDAT2.jpg
P90LASER.jpg

The combat helmet of the Italian Armed Forces:

elmke.jpg

This is a Bersagliere. The only other soldiers with feathers on their helmets are the Alpini (a single blue feather).
5025.jpg

Shadowalker said:
What do the feathers represent? is it historical?

I think they're from the time when soldiers wore blue and red uniforms and didn't care about camouflage much. Not sure if they're meant to represent anything other than a means to identify Bersaglieri.

That would make sense, bit like the bearskins worn by the guards, tho they dont wear them into battle anymore.
Would be amused seeing a soldier in full combat uniform yet with a bearskin on! would be fatal

Back