Your anamnesis

Bootboy82

I got inspired by the "I broke my finger..." thread, so what are the worst ) or dumbest) injuries?

I'll start with these (almost all of them are somehow funny when I remember them, because they happend just because of my monumental stupidity :D )

When I was almost 6 years old, i was riding on the carrier of my mom's bike when my right ankle got stuck in the spokes at a pretty high speed. The bike hat barely a braking distance...

Results: 2 weeks plaster, lifelong scar

At the age of 12 I was playing basketball during sports lesson when I failed to catch a pass. I still can remember my last thoughts, that were something like "This ball is getting bigger pretty fast maybe I should try to catc *darkness*

Results: Broken glasses and an almost fractured and bleeding nose

3 years later, basketball lesson again. I tried to slam dunk, landed on the wrong foot and stumbled one step ahead banging my head against the gym's wall.

Results: Sprained ankle and a bad concussion

3 years ago in a town called Minden (near my hometown Hannover), I visited some pals and we went into a kind of a medieval pub to have a couple of beers when some metalheadfreak joined our party. I started a conversation with him and he tried to give me some nazi BS. Guess what followed... *hehe*

Results: Front teeth almost out, bloody lower lip and a neonazi metalsh'thead chasing me with a knife through the inner city

Last weekend I was at a mate's birthday party where I was to talking to a friend. Right at the moment when she took a puff on her cigarette, someone blundered into me from behind, I tripped forward and got the cigarette in my face burning my right cheek.

Results: PAIN!!! and a fat scar that still looks nasty after one week.

And, of course, some minor injuries laike sratches all over my hands and arms from annoying my psycho cat, stapling my own thumb, etc.

Well in addition to these, I have numerous sports injuries that I've already mentioned before but to me they aren't stupid. They're more like signs of glorious moments for me. :p

At age 8, I thought I'd help my mother in her garden work. The result was that I hit myself on the leg with a garden hook. The result was 14 stitches and a whole lot of lost blood.

At age 9 we had gymnastics in school and I was supposed to do a somersault. Instead I ran too fast and jumped way over the mattress and managed to hit my left ankle to a concrete wall. The result was a broken ankle and a nice little cast.

Age 10 I managed to break my tailbone while sliding down a hill with just my shoes on. It was winter.

Age 16 I was skiing and a tree jumped in front of me. This time I broke my right ankle.

Age 19. Got into a fight when I was the designated driver for my friends. I was waiting for them outside a nightclub and apparently somebody didn't like them and wanted to continue it outside. When my friends didn't want to fight, they kicked my car and I immediately got out. There were four of them but I only managed to break my nose. They were a lot worse.

These were the non sports related injuries that come to my mind.

Not so long ago I fell off a roof and severely bruised my coxics bone, for those of you that dont know (or i cant spell it) that would be ur butt-bone!
Yea that was embaressing when I went to the hospital with a small tail and a male doctor grabing o so close to my butt... :oops:

I have a few too many to list (my DoDMERB file looks like a dang medical encyclopedia :lol: ), but the funniest serious injury I've had recently was when I broke and displaced my L1 vertebrae (spondylolisthesis and retrolisthesis) this past March doing...........situps.

:lol:

Scared the hell out of me though, because without the combination of a very understanding Army doc and a review board that liked me because I smiled a lot, it would have ended my military career before it had time to start.

Kind of a gut check moment.

i was roofing a house, on the second story. we had to get the corrugated iron sheets up there. now these sheets are BIG probably 2x7 meters and we had no way of getting them up there. the guy i was with was a bit dodgy, and in the end we were pulling them up with our hands. i wasn't wearing gloves because the guy only had one pair, and he was wearing them. there were 10 sheets and we got 9 up, and by that time my arms were tired as. so on this 10th one, i get it 3/4 up and it slips in my hand. now i have absolutely no way of stopping it, so i just let it fall, but when it slipped it cut through my finger to the bone. result: stitches, and having to ride the great victoriat bike ride (600 kms in 8 days) with a really sore hand

Hmm only one that i can remember, when i was in 6th grade i fell down the basement staires and hit a plastic patio chair which resulted in spliting my eyebrow bone open (still have the scar) but thats it!

GUNNER

1. The dumbest would have to be when I punched a wall and broke my hand/wrist... I was very frustrated that day. :p

2. The worst would have to be when I was roofing our house and I slipt and fell onto the porch... And through the porch. It hurt like a mother. :lol:

I got a broken arm, collar bone, and had to wear a neck brace for a month...

Other then that I've broken my nose twice, arm 2 more times, dropped a 160lb barbell onto my sternum (was coughing blood all week), broke my hand about 4 times, and tore a tendon in my foot which kept me from moving...

well i dont have many injuries but i think that this one is very stupid:
getting in a fight with a guy who haves few close neighbours that are black belt judo graduates.

result: having my arse whooped by 3 titans and a midget...............that hurted

battery said:
1. The dumbest would have to be when I punched a wall and broke my hand/wrist... I was very frustrated that day. :p

2. The worst would have to be when I was roofing our house and I slipt and fell onto the porch... And through the porch. It hurt like a mother. :lol:

I got a broken arm, collar bone, and had to wear a neck brace for a month...

Other then that I've broken my nose twice, arm 2 more times, dropped a 160lb barbell onto my sternum (was coughing blood all week), broke my hand about 4 times, and tore a tendon in my foot which kept me from moving...

Oh yea@! the punching the wall part reminded me of my younger days, i was drunk and really pissed off at a Master Warrant Officer (i was a reservist at the time and we were in the mess) and punched a hole through a door window, then i punched a picture on the wall (all this while drunk) and ended up spliting my hand open, got a few stiches for that.

GUNNER

it wasn't a sports injurt but my brother wrapped me up in a rug and when i tried to move around i landed on my face. i gave myself a pretty good black eye, but when i got to school the next day i told everyone i got into a fight. i didn't want to look like a tard with the black eye because i fell over on my face.

my friend had to get 40 something stiches after playing airsoft. we found these abandoned cement bunkers up in the mountains on a hiking trip. we went back later for a game of airsoft and he jumped from the 2nd story roof to the 1st. he scrapped his shin on a rusty steel rod protruding from the roof and cut the crap out of his leg. but he kept playing until we had to go home, that's a trooper right there.

oh i remember stuff now, lol its all coming back to me.
i had to take some stuff to dad who was cooking the bbq. on the way past i noticed a fence paliling with a nail sticking up, i distinctly remember thinging that i would have to take care not to stand on it on the way back.
but i did. the nail went through my shoe and into my foot, and it didn't tickle

Most of my most embarrassing accidents have been on the table saw. You know you're not supposed to do something but you try anyhow. My worst stupidity was cleaning an antique, single shot gallery pistol which was unloaded of course. ;) It put a .22 long rifle through my thigh. :(

I've had so many.
Do you remember Mick Foley (aka Man Kind from the WWF) had an autobiography? Well on the back of the paper cover is his list of injuries. My friends joked that I had much more than him.

Back