Your allies are not always mutual friends

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
And here is proof.
The photo is of a Japanese F-2.

2714508666930ab988c0972ju8.jpg

Unless it's been photo shopped.

Looks photo shopped. I can't see the seem or rivets from the panel. Also if it was JASDF noise art why is it in English? Everything on that bird is either in Japanese or in Japanese/English. But not just English.

Maybe so it can be seen and understood in Korea.
There's another photo like it somewhere else and it has the name of a Japanese destroyer on it.
That might be the original.
But the truth is: we hate each other pretty badly.

Maybe so it can be seen and understood in Korea.
There's another photo like it somewhere else and it has the name of a Japanese destroyer on it.
That might be the original.
But the truth is: we hate each other pretty badly.

I don't doubt it but I think that this photo is a fake.... If there is another photo like it somewhere else and it has the name of a Japanese destroyer on it. It more then likely means that this photo was an idea for it. I know during training missions the JASDF sinks older boats and that the pilots that did it get to noise paint it as a kill.

Really?
They must have sank it off the coast of Guam or something because the Japanese actually aren't allowed to conduct live firing exercises at least with their aircraft from Japan.

The Japanese and Koreans have been at each other throats since the 13th century, so nothing new there.

I gotta agree with 5.56, The Photo is a fake a bet a case of beer on it.

1. If it was real "South Korea" would have been written in Japanese Kanji not in English. You notice all the other writing on the plane is in Japanese (thats real), only the icon is in English (that's fake).

2. Secondly the nose art is to big. Nose art is largely against regulations in most air forces. When its allowed it usually very small, discreet, and aligned.

3. While I am sure their is racial animosity, I don't think the Japanese AF would tolerate their aircrews risking a international incident over something so trivial. The fact is they are both threatened by North Korea and China so they really need each other.

Actually Koreans and Japanese like to write things in English in a pretty random manner. Most cases, the grammar is pretty off but it happens.
Both will have entire songs in either Japanese or Koreans, but in MANY cases they will have a few lines of poorly grammared English. Sounds like a joke? It isn't.
As for risking an international incident, their government does it for them anyway.
Regardless of it, whether or not it was real (unlikely) or photoshopped by some Korean kid (likely) it shows the animosity between the two sides.

A lot of things don't make any sense.
I too believe that Japan and South Korea need each other because of China and North Korea.
However, South Koreans increasingly fails to recognize North Korea as a legitimate threat thinking that it's some kind of propaganda artificially created by the Americans (funny because they believe all kinds of weird, unfounded, unlikely and sometimes outright bullsh*t propaganda but take things that have a lot of substance and truth and discount it as propaganda) and the Japanese INSIST on claiming a set of South Korean islands in the East Sea/Sea of Japan.
So you have yourself a funny situation. You think it should be a no sh*t, clean and cut arrangement but the truth is stranger than fiction.
The current President is trying to change these attitudes but Japan's actions and attitudes are not helping anyone one bit and the public's protest against everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) the President wants to do doesn't help either.

I like certain things about both countries.
13th, even though I often speak highly of the Japs around these parts, I promise I don't mean to do so as an insult to you. I truly hope you don't find that insulting. If so, I am sorry for that.

No, I don't take that as an insult. You got to give them credit for all the things they've achieved and invented.
I give credit to even those I hate pretty badly.

Back