YO Phoenix!... Regime Change in IRAN - Page 2

--
YO Phoenix!... Regime Change in IRAN

May 28th, 2007  
Missileer

The reporters and "leaks" only get the bare minimum and, more often, planted leaks. The covert people are masters of letting someone know they're likely to be somewhere, it's just that no one knows when.
May 28th, 2007  
major liability

Still seems like it would be easier to carry such covert operations out with no forewarning whatsoever.
May 28th, 2007  
senojekips

"Leaks" are merely another name for a discrete warning or more to the point, a threat.
--
May 28th, 2007  
phoenix80

people here often ignore the facts within this so-called leak.

To me, the whole thing is just fabrication. I doubt CIA is doing any thing in Iran.
May 28th, 2007  
phoenix80

Ah, I forgot to add that we really dont need to be doing COVERT ops. We need to do this through overt and public known ops. Mullahs of Iran fear the US military machine like hell and the US must flex its muscles if they want the mullahs to behave. Otherwise it wont bear any fruits
May 29th, 2007  
major liability

That's a double-edged sword; they can also use your bold actions as propoganda fodder to recruit even more Muslims.
May 29th, 2007  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantCdr
Shouldnt the US have some sort of National Secrets Act to prevent that?
I believe it is called disinformation. For fifty years we were told that aliens crashed as Roswell and that we had corpses at Area-51. Granted this wasn't the government saying this, not directly, but it was a very convenient cover for them while they put their efforts into developing new aircraft such as the B-2 and F-117. The government can't just make something go away, but they can rely on a reporter's ability to come to some sort of ridiculous conclusion as to what must be going on.
May 29th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
That's a double-edged sword; they can also use your bold actions as propoganda fodder to recruit even more Muslims.
America and in particular President Bush are very popular among the Iranian people.
May 29th, 2007  
WNxRogue

Im a bit skeptical, the last time the CIA tried to do that in Iran, it ended up creating the situation we are in with them today. From my perspective, the countries where the CIA gets too involved in are the ones that cause trouble later.
May 29th, 2007  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
America and in particular President Bush are very popular among the Iranian people.
I am skeptical about that claim. My experiances are quite different. There are lots Iranian ex-pats in Europe, (people that fled the 1979 revolution) and I have met quite a few of them in various Anglo social circles. Its true they are pro-western, anti-Mullahs. But I have never met one of them that has actually said the supported the current US government or that they like Bush. Quite the opposite in fact. They widely condemn American actions in Iraq and Afganistan. In fact a Iranian lawyer friend of mine based in the UK correctly predicted that the US invasion of Iraq would only embolden the Mullahs.

I have never been to Iran, but when these negative comments come from pro-West Iranian refugees, it makes me have serious doubts about your claim. It sounds more like wishful thinking/propaganda than fact.